Skip to main content
Hi. New to Sonos and this community. I just started putting a system together and I am in love. Like romantically head over heels in love with this brand and the products. I know it sounds weird and I have been talking to my therapist about it. But I digress....

These may have already been suggested, but for an even more optimal sound experience I’d make the following suggestions:

1. A more expanded EQ, to include at least a Mid-Level slider (to go along with the Bass and Treble). The more sliders the better, but at least add that third.

2. The ability to have distinct EQ settings for TV and Music. I know there are some surround sound speaker adjustments that can be made. But the full EQ settings would be great.

3. Ability to adjust right vs left volume of my surrounds. The way my apartment is set, just so happens that my couch/chairs are much closer to the left surround than the right. I really don’t want to get a stand to place the right surround for various reasons.

Thanks for listening and considering.
all good suggestions.
regarding surrounds - I believe the Sonos view is that if you run Trueplay calibration from your seated position the calibration should adjust for the differences in distance.
Thanks Chris. You know - I thought that would be the case. But it still seems I am hearing much more from the left (which is much closer to me) than the left. I will try and retune again. Thanks for the suggestion.
That implies that all the waving of the phone for tuning is done seated in the listening position, unlike the way shown in the Sonos video for audio applications. Is that so for tuning the TV solution?
When you trueplay tune the playbar it first has you tune sitting in position then does a second tuning for music walking around.
Ah ok; so there is a different video showing this presumably.
If I remember there was no video for the first part just instruction to sit.