Answered

from 15.5 to 15.8.1

• 20 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi:

Is it a good idea to upgrade from 15.5 to 15.8.1?

I only have a beam2 and sub mini and I like the way it sounds on 15.5.

I usually hear that sometimes there are problems with updates: lower sound, updates that don't finish, etc.

I usually always upgrade but I don't know if 15.8.1 can improve the "simple" system I have.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 21 September 2023, 00:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

There are no release notes posted yet, but I would expect the only ‘change’ in the update is the definitions for the Move 2, and nothing else, I’d think you’d be safe in updating. 

Ooops. You’re still on 15.5, and not 15.8? Feel free to ignore my comments. While I don’t specifically know of any changes to sound profiles during that time period, I don’t know that there were none, either. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi:

Is it a good idea to upgrade from 15.5 to 15.8.1?

I only have a beam2 and sub mini and I like the way it sounds on 15.5.

I usually hear that sometimes there are problems with updates: lower sound, updates that don't finish, etc.

I usually always upgrade but I don't know if 15.8.1 can improve the "simple" system I have.

Thanks.

Personally I wait. If there’s no reports of problems in a few weeks I’ll update. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi:

my iPhone automatically updated the application and when I ran it, it wouldn't let me do anything. Just update so I have done it.

When I finished the sub mini the app didn't detect it and after a while it appeared and everything was updated to 8.1 (I got a bit scared). For now I haven't noticed anything relevant (sound)

We will see...

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you want to skip or pause updates you need to set ALL your Sonos controllers to NOT auto-update as there is no good way to roll-back to the previous version.

Also turn off Update Automatically under the Settings app menu.