Fire Your Product Management Team

• 20 May 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I’ve been a Sonos user for over 19 years.

I’ve been a Product Manager for over 15 years (manage a team of 75 people.)

The new app is unimaginably bad.

Honestly the only way to fix this is to fire your product management team.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Then what? ⁉️⁉️😁

If anyone is to be fired, it is the CEO, for letting this happen, and not for the first time, on his watch. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Then what? ⁉️⁉️😁

Mmm… let me see…. oh how about hire new product managers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Then what? ⁉️⁉️😁

Mmm… let me see…. oh how about hire new product managers.

Well, that'll sort it, then.  They going to Duke it out with the corporate Suits? 🥊🥊

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Don't worry. With Sonos stock price dropping and the brand damaged, some big tech company (let's say Google) will buy Sonos on the cheap. CEO will be relieved of his duties and most of the staff will be made redundant.

The app will be reintroduced again, because with a current score of 1.6 in the Play store, it's really the only way to scrub the history.

Alternatively, Google will sell off Sonos after obtaining all the patents.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Musk will buy sonos, add some polished steel,  rockets and batteries. And he will fire everybody. Then you will have an app with extended range for traveling to Mars 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Musk will buy sonos, add some polished steel,  rockets and batteries. And he will fire everybody. Then you will have an app with extended range for traveling to Mars 

And make it re-usable even after a software upgrade.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Having been forced to use the new app since 7th May I am now begrudgingly ready to admit that the UI is actually not that bad but it is let down by:

• The missing functions
  • The sluggish performance
  • All of the bugs

I do wonder what they will do in the UI longer term for:

• Alarms as these would be better if they were accessible from the speaker/room perspective
  • Groups as these are logically “super” rooms

I’m sure that they have a plan but it does feel like they have not fully mapped the functions users need to the UI. Hope that I am proven wrong as the alternative is another disruptive UI change.