Skip to main content

Hi Sonos,

I know you’re all working hard squashing bugs, and thank you for making everything a lot more stable now. I wanted to provide some feedback on the new app as it’s been out for a few months.

1. Could we have an option to default load to the Sonos Favourites screen when opening the app. This is the screen I use the most
  2. Could we have an Edit option for the Sonos Favourites screen so we can remove and reorder it like the home screen. I don’t need Recently Added in this view, and would prefer to have Stations at the top.
  3. Could Sonos Favourites be listed alphabetically. At present it’s ordered by when items were added, meaning my all-time favourites quickly disappear behind other items.
  4. In the previous app I could start playing a favourite station with a single click from the home screen. Now it’s at least two clicks. Could stations not play with a single click as before as there’s no reason to be taken through to a second screen where I have to press play.
  5. Input feedback is somewhat lacking making selections. For example, if I add an album to the end of my queue using the ‘Add to End of Queue’ option from the album screen, I get no feedback as to whether I’ve successfully chose the option until it’s confirmed that it’s complete. Haptic or visual feedback would be a welcome addition here.
  6. The search bar could easily be replaced by a search link top-right as we never type in-place with the current bar; it is effectively a link to a new screen and screen real estate would be saved by moving it to a link alongside the settings cog and Account links.
  7. Is there a reason we no longer have a fixed toolbar along the bottom of the screen? That would provide a guaranteed way of returning to the home screen from anywhere, and could also contain search links and the like (admittedly just like the previous app). This is consistent with most other music apps, and ideally would be configurable like the iOS toolbar.

Hopefully that all makes sense.

Be the first to reply!