Skip to main content

Hi

Does it cost anything for a DSP to be added to SONOS app?

Sonos has the trueplay feature for tuning the audio in a room, and it’s included with every speaker you purchase.  If you’re wanting to use some other DSP product, or do some manual tuning besides the typical treble/bass, that’s not possible.

Thank you, but my question is more : Do the DSP (Spotify, Deezer, etc) pay SONOS to be available on the SONOS app?

Thank you!

No, if you look at the Sonos public financials, they receive no payment from any streaming company that’s associated with the product. 

I think DSP may have been mildly confusing, in this context. I think you meant Digital Service Provider, but there are many other uses of the three letter acronym. Digital Signal Processor is the one most frequently tossed around in this forum.

Final thought...if you’re interested, there’s a lot of data on the Sonos partners page that might help satisfy some curiosity you may have. 

I think DSP may have been mildly confusing, in this context. I think you meant Digital Service Provider, but there are many other uses of the three letter acronym. Digital Signal Processor is the one most frequently tossed around in this forum.

Yep, DSP has always meant Digital Signal Processing to me.    I’d never heard of a streaming service referred to as a DSP before.

But @airgetlam is correct on this.  Sonos doesn’t get reimbursed anything from a streaming service.  However, it’s possible that the streaming service may require a certain subscription tier in order to listen through Sonos.  If I recall correctly, Spotify used to require a paid subscription, but no longer does.  There may be others, but I’m not aware of any. 

Thank you guys! I’m sorry for the confusion about DSP’s ;)

I did mean Digital Service Provider.