Skip to main content

It’ll be great to have -/+ volume control within the Sonos app.

By that I mean a minus (-) and a plus (+) next to or around the volume slider. I know the hardware buttons on my device can offer this, though, for accessibility something within the Sonos app software will also be useful.

:grinning:  

I am not entirely clear what you are asking for, but did you know you can tap the slider bar to get an increment or decrement of 1?

I am not entirely clear what you are asking for, but did you know you can tap the slider bar to get an increment or decrement of 1?

Hi John,

Thanks - I didn’t know that, and it addresses the issues I’m having, nice one!

For clarity, here is a mock-up of what I was thinking (obviously, Sonos developers would make a better style):

...but, given your advice it’s not necessary. Although, when wanting to decrease by an increment of one when the volume is already pretty low, it’s difficult. I have issues with unsteady hands - some additional accessibility settings would be great.

Although, when wanting to decrease by an increment of one when the volume is already pretty low, it’s difficult.

In that case sweep the volume slider down to zero, then inch it up as required by tapping on its right side.