Skip to main content

I know this has been requested before, but trying again :)

I’ve only owned my Arc (+sub +surrounds) for a week, but I’ve already had a couple of times where the TV cannot see the Arc via HDMI-ARC so I get no sound. Having used other HDMI-ARC connected sound systems, this seems to just be a fact of life and I don’t think there is anything specifically wrong with my Sonos gear or set up.

A good old ‘turn it off and on again’ is all that is required to fix it, but that is unfortunately an utter nightmare as the Arc power plug is buried away where it is very hard to get to.

Please, please, please can we have a reboot device/system function in the controller app. Or even a key combination on the unit itself to get it to reboot. Apple provide the ability to reboot Homepods from the Home app and it is very useful.

Hey @Timmys,

Thanks for your request.

It’s definitely one I’ve seen a few times over the years, and I can certainly see why this feature would be useful, especially among the installer market and those who need to troubleshoot their setups. I’ve passed your comments on to our development team for consideration :slight_smile:

FYI, from what I’ve seen here, an issue with communication between Sonos and TV via ARC/eARC is usually resolved by rebooting the TV (unplugging to cold boot) rather than rebooting Sonos.  Not suggesting this feature request isn’t needed, but you may want to try a reboot of the TV for your specific issue.

There used to be an http://x.x.x.x:1400/reboot URL but it was blocked some time back, allegedly on security grounds. For years it was a purely open URL which worked instantly, then it was put behind a CSRF handshake for protection. It wasn’t much later that someone must have got the cold sweats and blocked it entirely. 

It’s a shame. I used to be able to reboot the entire system in a jiffy from a script. I even swapped systems between IP subnets simply by initiating a full reboot then quickly re-plugging the wired node into a different backbone port before all the pieces landed.

FWIW a reboot option in the controller could be vulnerable to a catch-22 situation: if a unit needs a reboot it’s often because it won’t respond to the controller...

I’ve had Sonos devices not work from the controller but I was able to reboot them from the old web page.

I’d love to have the option to reboot just one or all my Sonos from both the controller and the App.

Until they give us a way to do this I’ve been using a power cord like this one. Sucks less than moving a huge TV and the cabinet it is sitting on to get to the Arc power cord. Doesn’t meet the spousal standards of appearance for the Sonos on the plant shelf though so the ladder has to come out to get to them.

https://smile.amazon.com/Woods-Indoor-Extension-Remote-Switch/dp/B000KKND86/ref=sr_1_20