Feature Request, Default Volume

• 4 April 2022
  • 1 reply

See this request goes back at least 6 years and as a recent move to the Sonos Ecosystem I am seeing two issues I wish could be addressed.  1) Default Volume when going from pause to play after 30 minutes or some other time for a device.  My Bathroom One in particular as the volume for that one is all over the place depending on the event and time.  2) Ungrouping devices when all are turned off so that the default later when turned on is ungrouped.

All of these issues are about not having someone get caught off guard when you hit play on a device at a later time.  Like when I turned on my bathroom One and turned on the Amp in the Living Room unexpectedly.  Or when it was 5 am and I was trying not to wake my wife when I was in the shower only to wake the dogs and my wife when I turned on the Sonos.  BTW: These features are standard on most AV Receivers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Investigate the use of alarms. A silent track set to play for 1 minute during an idle period could be used to preset the volume and/or ungroup the player.