Skip to main content
Is there a way to have music fade to off instead of abruptly stopping mid-song? I would like to have a setting that allowed me to specify how many seconds of fade before turning off using the on-speaker on/off toggle and also an option on the controller to fade to off instead of clicking stop. Is this possible? If not, could this be considered as a future enhancement?
Is there a way to have music fade to off instead of abruptly stopping mid-song? I would like to have a setting that allowed me to specify how many seconds of fade before turning off using the on-speaker on/off toggle and also an option on the controller to fade to off instead of clicking stop. Is this possible? If not, could this be considered as a future enhancement?

Hi Halifax Tim,

While you can enable the crossfade feature, which will have songs fade out as they end, and the next song fades in, it's not currently possible to have the song fade off when you stop playback in the middle. I'll send in a feature request to add this to the app.
Long requested feature - setting where you choose a new song it fades out in middle last song and goes to next one. Doubt we will ever see but would be an excellent feature.
wishlist thread https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/wishlist-for-sonos-controller-improvements-6730862