Skip to main content
I've been having trouble playing from my phone library. Support suggested playing from our PC. Is there an easy way to edit the play list from the PC library? All I can see to do is check individual songs and then delete them all at once. A slow process to go from 7000 songs plus to 1000-2000 songs. All of my family's music is on the PC, so I don't want certain artists to play.
You've probably already figured this out by now, but I was so excited to find a solution I wanted to share it. I had trouble playing much from my iPhone 8. It turns out that you need to adjust your setting so that your phone doesn't sleep. Here is what I did. Go to:

Settings

Display and brightness

Auto-lock: select "never" here

I think when your phone sleeps your music cuts out or skips. I'm 6 songs into a playlist which is further than I've ever been able to go and it seems to be working. Hope this helps!
Unfortunately I cannot set auto lock to never. I have my company mail on my phone. Which requires auto lock. Overall I’m not impressed with Sonos.
Unfortunately I cannot set auto lock to never. I have my company mail on my phone. Which requires auto lock. Overall I’m not impressed with Sonos.You might be more impressed if you started using it properly. You need to index your music library, and that will bring the playlists with it.

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/support/adding-music-sources/your-music-library-and-itunes
I do index my music library. The problem with the Sonos pc program is a lack of an easy way to edit the music on the pc. I usually play from my phone. Even then songs stop playing or don’t play at all. Changing the wireless channels don’t help. My wireless network is stable. Maybe Sonos needs to use the 5 gz network instead of the 2.4 gz network.
The app is just a controller. The music library and its playlists are indexed file paths stored on the speakers and the PC is the place to edit things.

Playing from a phone is inherently less reliable because of the wireless hop from mobile device to router. I abandoned it very soon after Sonos introduced it.
Thanks for the reply. All I use the phone for is as a controller. No point in having the app if it doesn't work. I may just delete the app all together and see what happens. The PC software could be much better at editing in my view. I'll have to search more about creating a playlist from the PC.
Now that SONOS has decided to KILL the Desktop controller we have no choice but use a phone or pad/tablet. What are they thinking!? Have a couple of thousand dollars invested in a sound system and THEN without a by your leave inform you that if you don't have new COMPUTER hardware you're just SOL. They've made their sale and you're on your own.
The desktop controller wasn't killed...you just can't do system setup functions with it. As a player for Sonos it hasn't changed.

This thread talks about editing playlists - which has not changed in desktop.
Now that SONOS has decided to KILL the Desktop controller we have no choice but use a phone or pad/tablet. What are they thinking!? Have a couple of thousand dollars invested in a sound system and THEN without a by your leave inform you that if you don't have new COMPUTER hardware you're just SOL. They've made their sale and you're on your own.

Uhhhh, the removal of some functionality on the Desktop Controller has absolutely nothing at all to do with this thread, because you most certainly can configure and maintain your local library and playlists from your PC/Mac. Please keep on topic and save your rants for threads where they apply.
The thread is about controlling playlists which isn't working via the phone or pad. The advice is to use the desktop controller which doesn't work either. Also unless you have the latest computer OS you're forced to use a phone or pad, no backward support or installing/using old controllers.

Updates of controllers assume you'll be adding more "new" speakers.

When you can't use the system you bought originally why would you spend more $ to enter a vicious circle?
The thread is about controlling playlists which isn't working via the phone or pad. The advice is to use the desktop controller which doesn't work either. Also unless you have the latest computer OS you're forced to use a phone or pad, no backward support or installing/using old controllers.

'Controlling playlists' even works with a partially supported Sonos app. Elaborate what exactly is not working in your case.
Yea the post makes no sense. Playlists have not been effected at all and desktop handles playlists as it always have. Someone is confused or just likes to be angry.