Skip to main content

I’ve just updated my Sonos app to Sonos 1 and now having a problem using ifttt through Alexa. I wondered whether it might be caused by moving to the new Sonos 1 app. Can anyone clarify?

Hello @Caderman86,

I don’t have any information that would suggest that IFTTT integration would stop working of the S1 app, are you able to upgrade your system to S2 or is your system only able to operate on S1?

Have you reached out to IFTTT  for clarification on this issue?

FWIW I’m using IFTTT with S1, because Google Assistant no longer working for BBC radio since the move to S1/S2.

I did set up the link to IFTTT after the S1/S2 split.

Hello @gmruk

How long have you had the IFTTT working with Alexa before you started having difficulty or have you not gotten it to work yet? 

Hi Jean, I’m using IFTTT with GA. Have been doing so since Sonos switched to S1, which broke the ability for GA to start BBC radio. My post above was just trying to help.

@gmruk

Oh, yes. of course! Thank you for your input, its been a long week. 

That still leaves us with something between S1 and Voice services as a possible issue that could be resolved by using IFTTT in place of certain voice commands.

I’m willing to hold out for more detail from our original poster though.      

Hi all - does anyone know if there’s any update here? I used IFTTT + Sonos for years and was very happy with it, but unfortunately my applets all stopped working when the app shifted to S1.

Hi @sblake, welcome to the Sonos Community! I also appreciate you reaching out to us and let me help you with this. As per Jean, we’re not seeing any information that the IFTTT integration with Sonos would stop. I assume you’re referring to the S2 as well and if the system works well in the Sonos app, you may need to check it with  IFTTT. We also recommend exploring the capabilities of our partner integrations with Google Assistant, Alexa, SmartThings, Wink, and other Works with Sonos partners. Hope this helps. We and the community are always here to help.