Skip to main content

So my sonos playlists keep randomly disappearing for days then reappearing. Then having got fed up today I did a lot of googling and found a workaround in this forum. This happens at the same time on all control remotes - 2 iPhones and 2 iPads.

I followed the suggestion of going for sonos radio, learn more - just on one remote app. Then go back to home Menlo and behold all playlists appeared on ALL devices!!!!
I have a sonos 3 as my control direct connect device….

clearly a ‘hub’ software problem. Been there for more than 2 years now…

please read this and figure it out please.

Hello @Hhhh1999 and welcome to Sonos Community!

Apologies but it is not clear to me with the information provided. All Sonos playlists are stored within the Sonos speakers. Your iPhone or iPad should connect with your Sonos System via the Sonos app and collect that info.

Failing to show that right away, shows connection issues.

I would suggest to Submit Diagnostics and note down the numbers, once when your Sonos Playlists disappear and once more after you perform your workaround and get them to appear back in the Sonos App.

Afterwards, please reach out to Sonos Support providing those two numbers for some live troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.

this issue happens to me I open my Sonos app and my playlists are not there, I click on some other container and the playlists appear. 
This issue is apparently over two years old when will there be a fix? 

So my sonos playlists keep randomly disappearing for days then reappearing. Then having got fed up today I did a lot of googling and found a workaround in this forum. This happens at the same time on all control remotes - 2 iPhones and 2 iPads.

I followed the suggestion of going for sonos radio, learn more - just on one remote app. Then go back to home Menlo and behold all playlists appeared on ALL devices!!!!
I have a sonos 3 as my control direct connect device….

clearly a ‘hub’ software problem. Been there for more than 2 years now…y

please read this and figure it out please.

Is this on the iOS app? It has been reported there a few times, and I don’t buy that its a connection issue all the time as it is only playlists that are affected, the other items enumerated from the same api don’t seem to be.

I would gather a diagnostic right after the failure and post the code here.