Question

Disable Alarms Remotely

• 7 August 2014
  • 2 replies

I'm on holiday in a foreign country and I'm panicking that I've left my 6am alarm active while I'm gone. It's set to be very very loud and I'm worried for my neighbours' sanity. I'm quite restricted in what I can install from the web as the only desktop machines I have access to are in internet cafes. Is there a way to deactivate alarms from off-network using just my Android phone? Alternatively, is it possible for me to direct a family member to deactivate from off-network (they don't have keys to my place) using their desktop controller with my login credentials?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Scott, this is possible if your family member is outside the premises, give them the wifi password to you router. They can then use the Sonos controller to disarm this function. I have requested that remote access is available but only to stream from my home while abroad. So if your family member connects to your router, they can control your sonos device. If it works, post back for others to see.
I’m having the exact same issue. It would be very valuable to be able to disable the speakers remotely.