Deleting a song from Sonos

• 11 December 2022
  • 5 replies

You can’t delete a song from Sonos.  Sonos is grabbing the song from your source, which could be a disc or a streaming service like Pandora, Tidal, etc.  You need to go back to the source, likely on a PC or computer, and delete it there. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Depends on which playlist you’re using. If it’s a playlist created in Sonos, you certainly can modify that playlist.

If it’s a playlist that was created externally, Sonos doesn’t normally have ‘permission’ to change an external source file.

See: here and possibly here.

Good point, Bruce.

Ok,I have a song on Sonos that distorts badly. But the  Apple Music version of the song, where Sonos got the song, plays fine.

I would like Sonos to reacqire the song from Apple music. But since Sonos already has the song, it won’t try to reacquire a good version of the song from Apple Music.

Any ideas??

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As I understand it Sonos does not “have” a song when you play it. Sonos plays what it gets from your music provider. If something’s wrong with the song, it there that something’s wrong. The fact the songs sounds right when you play it direct from the music provider does not necessarily mean anything…..

As I understand it Sonos does not “have” a song when you play it. Sonos plays what it gets from your music provider. If something’s wrong with the song, it there that something’s wrong. The fact the songs sounds right when you play it direct from the music provider does not necessarily mean anything…..

Seems like they both should be playing from the same physical file on my Mac then. The Song is on my Mac Pro in the Apple Music app which I downloaded a long time ago from the iTunes store.

So I’m still confused why it plays fine on Apple Music and is distorted when Sonos plays it.