Skip to main content

How come the choice of the type of music has disapeared in the latest update ? when you go to explore, all the playlists are jumbled together, so if you are in a classical mood vs a blues mood, you’re f...ked….  

It’s unlikely an issue with the update, and much more likely an issue in your local network.

I’d start by a simple network refresh. Unplug all your Sonos devices from power. While they are unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug the Sonos devices in to the power again.

However, this resolves only a few of the potential reasons. If you’re continuing to experience it after trying this, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Same here. Deezer explore was the bit about my whole system that I valued most. I’ve updated my system and all sorts but no effect. This looks like a Sonos policy problem to me - Deezer has always had a lot of functionality that doesn’t come across. Really disappointing. I’m on the verge of ditching my Sonos players and building my own system that I can control directly from music apps.

The Deezer>Explore container must have lost its internal subdivisions because of something that changed on Deezer’s side of things. There’s a comment here that they’re “working to improve the Sonos app integration”. This could be a side-effect.