Skip to main content
One feature that I and many other people would like to see on all Sonos speakers would be that when the user presses pause/stop the audio would gradually decrease to mute before stoping, that way when playing music at any level you don't harm the speaker(s). I personally decrease the volume to mute before presses pause/stop, it would be nice to have that feature built-in to the echo system. If the user doesn't want that feature they you can disable it, as it is on by default.
the audio would gradually decrease to mute before stoping, that way when playing music at any level you don't harm the speaker(s).

Your concern obviously is when you turn the speakers to play again - that speaker damage will happen if they immediately start playing at the earlier volume level, even if that was 100% as a worst case example.

I doubt this to be the case, but it would be good to get a Sonos confirmation of this.
When you click play you will have to increase the volume yourself, instead of hitting play and the audio starts playing where it got paused/stop. The other option is that it gradually increase to 25% when audio starts playing again.
Sorry but I don't understand the request.

Next to the mute button on each unit are two other buttons. One is a decrease volume button and one is an increase button. Why would I press the mute volume button when I intended to reduce the volume?

I'm obviously completely missing something because your suggestion seems to me to be the epitome of redundancy.
What I would like to see Sonos add to the echo system is this, when I am finished with the audio I personally gradually decrees the volume to mute before pressing pause/stop, that why I don't damage the speakers. Instead of me gradually decreasing the volume to mute before I press pause/stop, I would like Sonos to gradually decreasing the volume to mute when I have clicked on pause/stop so I don't have to do that each time.
In other words 1 press to fade down then pause and a 2nd press to un-pause then fade up to the previous level. That would be a nice polished way to do it.
Like the damped glove box lids/doors in modern cars. Or like the lids of toilet bowls that don't crash down when dropped.
Just like what upstatemike side, that would be an awesome feature to have enabled in the Sonos echo system.
Many have asked in past before if when you pause music could it be a couple second fade. Has never gained any traction from Sonos.
I just added a comment on in my wishlist post (unforutately I can't add items to the Poll list)

"Item that never made original list and has been requested many times - When stop song fade out a few seconds vs. abrupt stop. Same goes if change song make it a crossfade then."