Skip to main content
I use Sonos desktop controller a lot because I am often at my computer.

My music library is located on my Synology NAS, ripped CDs in FLAC format

Creating playlists from the library content seems to be be very unintuitive, requiring 4 clicks to add a track.

I would like to see 3 enhancements to the desktop controller

1. Block Addition

I would like to be able to carry out multiple selections from the queue and then add them to a playlist. It seems I can only add them one by one?

2. Drag and Drop Addition

With a playlist open in the right panel I'd like to be able to select one or more items in the queue and drag and drop them onto the playlist to add them. I can't see any way to do that?

3. Prevent Duplicates Option

Currently, if you add the same track to a playlist it creates a duplicate entry. It would be good to have a prompt "Track is already in queue. Duplicate it? Y/N"
Hi there, PaulBarrett. Thanks for the post and for sharing your feedback. I am happy to forward this topic along to the team for consideration and feedback. Thanks again!
Wait, I didn't even know that that was possible to do today? I'm in the same situation as you Paul, using the laptop a lot while listening, being frustrated about this (that's how I found this post)

But I tried now, and indeed there is a way, but what I had to do was very tricky:

Click "i" in the main window center pane next to "Now Playing (Living Room + 2)"

Click "Album Info"

Click "View all songs on Album"

Find the actual song still playing, and then click the little triangle next to the name.

Choose "Add to Sonos Playlist"

Is that what you do too? If so, it feels like that "little triangle next to the name" should be present in the main window from the start, right?
No, I just right-click any item in the queue and choose Info and Options > Add to Sonos Playlist.

The frustrating thing is that you are allowed to select multiple items in the queue, but the moment you do so, the Info and Options right-click option disappears. I wonder at the designer logic that says a user may want to add a track to a playlist but not multiple tracks?