CR100 won't connect, but iPad, ZP80, ZP100 are connected and working a-ok!!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

386 replies

Hi Jeff,

I am also having trouble connecting my CR100 to my system. It keeps saying that "A Sonos Component was not found"

My confirmation number is: 6676516

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

I am also having trouble connecting my CR100 to my system. It keeps saying that "A Sonos Component was not found"

My confirmation number is: 6676516

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi CNicolson,

Please give us a call and reference case number: 161024-001646. You can find our phone number and hours here.
Hello Jeff -
I have the same problem connecting two CR100s I just bought. May I have a case number to call in with?

Confirmation number: 6722697

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello Jeff -
I have the same problem connecting two CR100s I just bought. May I have a case number to call in with?

Confirmation number: 6722697

Thanks!

Hi aselkirk,

I've created a support ticket for you: 161108-000178. Please give us a call and reference that number, our number is found here.
Dear greatest support staff, I have a similar issue with Two of my three CR100, they will not connect. I have had them all working prior to a recent move to a New home and I could get one of the units to connect to the bridge that I use for the sonos system but when the other two try they just dont find any system to connect to any help on this matter would be of great help. I have reset them and tried to connect but with no luck. Any assistance with this would be appreciated. I haven't used the controller for several years, and may think it is lagging in updating?
System is up to date as far as I can see except for this controller. System is connected to internet router via Lan from a Sonos bridge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Dear greatest support staff, I have a similar issue with Two of my three CR100, they will not connect. I have had them all working prior to a recent move to a New home and I could get one of the units to connect to the bridge that I use for the sonos system but when the other two try they just dont find any system to connect to any help on this matter would be of great help. I have reset them and tried to connect but with no luck. Any assistance with this would be appreciated. I haven't used the controller for several years, and may think it is lagging in updating?
System is up to date as far as I can see except for this controller. System is connected to internet router via Lan from a Sonos bridge.

Hi Geekwork,

We can help you get your CR100s connected but we can only do so over the phone. Please give us a call and reference case number: 161217-001569. You can find our contact information here.
I recently changed routers and had to re-connect using a line to the router directly. All this worked except for the CR100. When connected via a wire to my router, the CR100 connects. The second I remove the wire, the CR100 disconnects. Please help me keep the CR100 connected. Thanks.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I recently changed routers and had to re-connect using a line to the router directly. All this worked except for the CR100. When connected via a wire to my router, the CR100 connects. The second I remove the wire, the CR100 disconnects. Please help me keep the CR100 connected. Thanks.

Hi Asilvers72, the CR100 Sonos controller is only able to connect to a SonosNet network. SonosNet network is created by having one Sonos units wired to the router at all times.

Hi Asilvers72, the CR100 Sonos controller is only able to connect to a SonosNet network. SonosNet network is created by having one Sonos units wired to the router at all times.

Is this a brand new thing? For the last 6 months, my CR100 was connected to the SonosNet without any unit being connected to the router
Is this a brand new thing? For the last 6 months, my CR100 was connected to the SonosNet without any unit being connected to the router
It's always been the case. And you must have had a wired component otherwise there'd have been no SonosNet.
Hi, firstly sorry I know I am going back on a very old topic but hoping someone from support might be able to help.

Same old story of a cr100 that won’t connect.

I have connect amps all on sonosnet ok and been working fine for years. Was given an old but brand new cr100 and thought I would try to connect it for basic control functions.

Get notice that is was unable to connect.
I see from reading lots of posts that it could be an issue with a new firmware update on the connect not recognising or allow an original not updated cr100 to connect.

Some posts seem to show Sonos support was able to add a patch to the system to get it to connect and update.

Any way to get the support to get this to connect.
Thanks