CR100 won't connect, but iPad, ZP80, ZP100 are connected and working a-ok!!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

386 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Sonos support,

I have the same problem with one of my CR100 (the other one connects ok). Are you able to send me the patch please?

My diagnosis submission reference is 6116363

Kind regards

Jubril

Hi Jubril,

I've applied the patch to your account. You should be able to connect your CR100 once you've run updates on your system.
Thanks Jeff. It's working now.

Kind regards

Jubril
Hi Jeff I am having trouble one of my CR100's not connecting. Please could you assist, my Sonos ID is 109644683 and I diagnose submition is 6119011
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff I am having trouble one of my CR100's not connecting. Please could you assist, my Sonos ID is 109644683 and I diagnose submition is 6119011
Thanks

Hi Iankem,

The patch has now been applied to your system. Please run updates and you should be able to connect your CR100. Please let me know if it doesn't work.
Hi Jeff
Working great!
Thanks
Hello, I have the same issue trying to connect my CR100 to my ZP80. My SonoIS is 109794486 and diagnose submission reference is 6146788. Could you help me please?
Kind regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, I have the same issue trying to connect my CR100 to my ZP80. My SonoIS is 109794486 and diagnose submission reference is 6146788. Could you help me please?
Kind regards

Hi Tokemusic,

I've added the patch to your system. You should be able to connect your CR100 once you've run any available updates.
Hi Jeff!
Thanks a lot. It works fine now!
Best regards
can you please apply the patch for my system
device diagnostic code is 6196345
I have 3 CR 100's, and cannot now get any of them to connect. Can you help please... My Sonos ID is 109294123, and have just submitted Diagnostics - reference 6197246.
Many thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
can you please apply the patch for my system
device diagnostic code is 6196345

Hi Paulnolanuk,

I've updated your account to include the patch. Please run updates on your system then try to connect your CONTROL. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have 3 CR 100's, and cannot now get any of them to connect. Can you help please... My Sonos ID is 109294123, and have just submitted Diagnostics - reference 6197246.
Many thanks!

Hi Altobabs,

You should now be able to connect your CR100s once you've run updates on your Sonos system. Please let me know if you run into any troubles.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Everyone,

As of the 6.3 release we will no longer be able to apply the patch we have been using to get your CONTROL (CR100 and CR200) associated with the rest of your systems.

If you have a CR100 or CR200 controller which is not up to date and is not yet associated with your Sonos system you will need to call our support line for help in getting your CONTROL connected.

Our phone number and hours can be found here.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hello Jeff,

I have the same CR100 problem and luckily a Bridge at version 6.2 can you apply the patch to my temporary Sonos setup (SonosID 109318675, Diagnostics reference 6447735)?* I'm guessing via this method I can update the CR100 to the latest firmware (is now at 4.0) and hook it up properly to my main system or else adding the Bridge temporary to my main system.

Thanks in advance and kind regards, Maarten

😉 on second thought I guess applying the patch might get a bit problematic with an outdated system firmware... but well, curious on your reply.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hello Jeff,

I have the same CR100 problem and luckily a Bridge at version 6.2 can you apply the patch to my temporary Sonos setup (SonosID 109318675, Diagnostics reference 6447735)?* I'm guessing via this method I can update the CR100 to the latest firmware (is now at 4.0) and hook it up properly to my main system or else adding the Bridge temporary to my main system.

Thanks in advance and kind regards, Maarten

😉 on second thought I guess applying the patch might get a bit problematic with an outdated system firmware... but well, curious on your reply.

Hi Maarten, we have escalated this internally, our Engineering Team will reach out to you via email under reference: 160815-000463
Same as eveyone else here i'm also having the same problem. I bough ta cr100 from ebay after my old one actually melted and i can't get it to connect to my existing system.

diagnostic report 6463615.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same as eveyone else here i'm also having the same problem. I bough ta cr100 from ebay after my old one actually melted and i can't get it to connect to my existing system.

diagnostic report 6463615.

Hi Martin,

The process has changed to get your CR100 up and running. Please give us a call and reference this case number: 160820-000807. You can find our phone number and hours in your region here.
I just purchases a used ZP100 and CR100. The owner says it worked fine since day one, but now it stopped connecting.
sent Diagnostic report 6511318
please send patch herb@shaw.ca and I'm not sure if the unit is still registered under the previous owner.
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I just purchases a used ZP100 and CR100. The owner says it worked fine since day one, but now it stopped connecting.
sent Diagnostic report 6511318
please send patch herb@shaw.ca and I'm not sure if the unit is still registered under the previous owner.
Thanks

Hi Herb,

Please reach out to our phone team who can help get your CR100 and ZP100 up and running. I've created a support ticket for you: 160906-001661. Please reference this number when you call in. You can find our phone number and hours here.
Evening all,

Just had a move around in the house and the CR100 won't connect . I've submitted a diagnostic report with No. 6567089.

Many Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Evening all,

Just had a move around in the house and the CR100 won't connect . I've submitted a diagnostic report with No. 6567089.

Many Thanks

Hi Fiona,

There's a CR100 showing up in your diagnostic report. Is this a different CR100? Has the CR100 which won't connect been connected to your system before? Has it been factory reset?
Userlevel 2
Dear greatest support staff, I have a similar issue with one of my two CR100, it will not connect. I have submitted a diagnostic 6603961, and maybe this patch would do the trick? I didnt use the controller for several years, and may think it is lagging in updating?
System is up to date as far as I can see except for this controller. System is connected to internet router via Lan from a Sonos bridge.
Looking fwd to hear from you. Btw, I have for some reason registered the system under 2 accounts, xxxxx@gmail (2011), and xxxxxyahoo.com 2008).
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Dear greatest support staff, I have a similar issue with one of my two CR100, it will not connect. I have submitted a diagnostic 6603961, and maybe this patch would do the trick? I didnt use the controller for several years, and may think it is lagging in updating?
System is up to date as far as I can see except for this controller. System is connected to internet router via Lan from a Sonos bridge.
Looking fwd to hear from you. Btw, I have for some reason registered the system under 2 accounts, xxxxx@gmail (2011), and xxxxxyahoo.com 2008).

Hi yngve0508,

We can no longer apply the patch in order to get your CR100 connected. You can work with our phone team to get it connected though. Please give us a call and reference case number: 161003-000895. You can find our phone number and hours here.
Badge +2
Hi

I think it was this thread I used before...here goes!

I had a CR100 connected that worked after running a diagnostic on my system. I recently changed broadband provider and had to set up my system from scratch, now the CR100 isn't connecting to it. Can this be set up again?

Edit: I've just read the reply above. Do I need/can I have a case number to call please?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

I think it was this thread I used before...here goes!

I had a CR100 connected that worked after running a diagnostic on my system. I recently changed broadband provider and had to set up my system from scratch, now the CR100 isn't connecting to it. Can this be set up again?

Edit: I've just read the reply above. Do I need/can I have a case number to call please?

Hi Mascot Dec85,

I've created a support ticket for you 161016-000821. Please reach out to our phone team who can help get your CR100 connected. You can find our phone number and hours [url=http://www.sonos.com/en-ie/contact]here]/url].