CR100 won't connect, but iPad, ZP80, ZP100 are connected and working a-ok!!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

386 replies

Hi Jeff,

i have the same problem with 3 cr100 buy on ebay, my diagnostic report number is 5560446.
Thanks to your help.
Similar issue here, connected the ZP90 to the network, iphone, mac etc all working fine (how easy was that btw!). I tried to reset the CR100 to factory default and let it connect up to the system, but no joy. ZP90 is connected via LAN.
Sumitted diagnostictics under number: 5534116

Hopefully you can find answers your end :)

Kind Regards, Christian

Hi Christian,

I've applied the patch to your account so you should be able to connect your CR100 after running updates. Let me know how it goes.

It worked like a charm! Thanks for your help 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the same problem - my three CR100 controllers in different rooms no longer see the Sonos components. Happened after the latest software update. The controller says 'Searching for Sonos products...' I have the app running on Windows 10 on a PC that works OK. What do I do?

Hi BubbaNZ,

I've added the patch to your account. Please update your system and see if you can add your CR100. Please let me know if it doesn't work.
Hi I have a cr100 that won't connect, my case no. Is 5565298, could you help/send the patch over?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi I have a cr100 that won't connect, my case no. Is 5565298, could you help/send the patch over?

Hi Luciana,

The patch has been added to your system. Please run updates, try to connect your CR100, and let me know if it doesn't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,

I have CR200 that was used in another system couple of years ago.
Now i want to connect it to my system but it wont connect.
Diagnostic report number is 5527906.
Can you help?

Thanks in advance
Tanel

Hi Tanel,

I've applied the patch to your system. Please run updates and see if you can connect your CR200.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

i have the same problem with 3 cr100 buy on ebay, my diagnostic report number is 5560446.
Thanks to your help.

Hi Sylvaindenis,

Please try to update your system and connect your CR100s. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Hi, I pressed the mute + vol+ buttons on my sonos player but got the message "a sonos component was not found". Pls advise
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, I pressed the mute + vol+ buttons on my sonos player but got the message "a sonos component was not found". Pls advise

Hi Luciana,

Please reach out to our phone team to get your CR100s connected. I've created a support ticket for you: 160316-000862. When you call, please reference that number. You can find our phone number and hours in your region here.
Badge
i have just been reading and i can have the connection patch added to my account to make the CR100's controllers work .Please can we make this happen

my diagnostics number is 5601207

many thanks
Hi, I'm also having the same connection issue with my CR100. My diagnostics report is 5602974. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, I'm also having the same connection issue with my CR100. My diagnostics report is 5602974. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Hi Garethwynne,

Your Sonos system is set up to connect to your home's wireless network. This configuration does not allow for the CR100 to connect. You will need to wire one Sonos unit in via ethernet cable. By doing so, the Sonos system creates its own wireless network which the CR100 can use to connect. Please make sure that no Sonos speakers are playing music when you wire one in as this will prevent them from switching to the Sonos wireless.

I've applied the patch to your system so you should be able to connect your CR100 once you've wired one Sonos unit in.
Badge

Hi Garethwynne,

Your Sonos system is set up to connect to your home's wireless network. This configuration does not allow for the CR100 to connect. You will need to wire one Sonos unit in via ethernet cable. By doing so, the Sonos system creates its own wireless network which the CR100 can use to connect. Please make sure that no Sonos speakers are playing music when you wire one in as this will prevent them from switching to the Sonos wireless.

I've applied the patch to your system so you should be able to connect your CR100 once you've wired one Sonos unit in.

Please can you apply this to my account please

Thanks

Here is what I posted yesterday

i have just been reading and i can have the connection patch added to my account to make the CR100's controllers work .Please can we make this happen

many thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

many thanks

Hi Skymanjames,

I've applied the patch to your account so you should be able to run updates and then connect your CR100s. Please let me know if you have any troubles doing so.
Badge

many thanks

Hi Skymanjames,

I've applied the patch to your account so you should be able to run updates and then connect your CR100s. Please let me know if you have any troubles doing so.

Hi thanks

Next question what is the next process as my CR100 are factory reset , so just wanted to know what steps next after you have applied patch ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

many thanks

Hi Skymanjames,

Hi thanks

Next question what is the next process as my CR100 are factory reset , so just wanted to know what steps next after you have applied patch ?

Please check for updates on your Sonos system, here's how.

Once you've checked for updates your system should have the patch applied. At this point you can follow the on-screen instructions on your CR100 to connect each one in turn.
Hey Jeff S. I'm having the same connection issue. Could you hook me up with a patch? Confirmation # 6012252
My number is 6060315. Please help. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Pak74 and Mamiyapentax,

I've applied the patch to both of your accounts. Please run updates on your Sonos systems and then try to connect your CONTROLs. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Jeff you are the man!! Thank you. Working perfectly.
Please send patch sonos id: 115047685
Hello Support,

I have been reading this forum and I appear to have the same problem. I have sent diagnostics as required. Ticket 6095529. Can I please have the patch too.
I have a ZP100 connected directly to my router, I have 2 Play3's and 1 Play5 and a Bridge that isn't in use.. I have bought two CR100s but they won't connect and show the same message as everyone here. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Kobina
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please send patch sonos id: 115047685

Hi Kivimart,

The patch has now been applied to your account so you should be able to update your system then connect your CONTROL units. Please let me know if you have any trouble getting everything working.
Hi Please send patch Sonos ID 109644683
Thanks
Hi Sonos support,

I have the same problem with one of my CR100 (the other one connects ok). Are you able to send me the patch please?

My diagnosis submission reference is 6116363

Kind regards

Jubril