CR100 won't connect, but iPad, ZP80, ZP100 are connected and working a-ok!!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

386 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I am also having problems connecting my cr100? diagnostic report number is 4491841
Same problem as above - I bought a CR100 from EBay and it does not recognise the system although it does recognise when I press the mute and vol buttons on my play 3 - I submitted diagnostics on number 4511121 - any help would be appreciated

Please go ahead, update your Sonos, then add the CR100, and let us know once done.
Badge
Guys, can you push the patch my way I asked first 🙂 Maybe you should give people a way to install those without having to wait full day before finding out their request was disregarded....

I just got a CR100 and it doesn't connect to my network, I have a bridge and all my speaker are shown as hardwired not wifi connected so should be a patch issue, I have uploaded diag 5412357 yesterday
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Guys, can you push the patch my way I asked first 🙂 Maybe you should give people a way to install those without having to wait full day before finding out their request was disregarded....

I just got a CR100 and it doesn't connect to my network, I have a bridge and all my speaker are shown as hardwired not wifi connected so should be a patch issue, I have uploaded diag 5412357 yesterday

Replied to your private message, you are all set to go.
Badge
All set, that was a long update! Thanks for the quick response!

Quick suggestion to people in need of this upgrade, make sure that your controller is on power or inside the cradle, this update is long and if the battery of your unit is not in good shape it can die quickly and you could probably end up with a brick..
I am having this same issue with the cr100 - I submitted a diagnostics report. Here is that number

Please advise if you need any additional info to push an updated patch.

Thank you
AJT
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I am having this same issue with the cr100 - I submitted a diagnostics report. Here is that number

Please advise if you need any additional info to push an updated patch.

Thank you
AJT

Please go ahead and update, let us know once done.
Badge
Hi Daniel,

I received the patch a couple of weeks ago and somehow it auto updated and lost it. I'm having the same problem as ajturner with a CR100.

If you could run the patch update again for me. My submission diagnostic confirmation number is: 5446936.

Thanks!

Greg
Badge
I'm having exactly the same problem. CR100 worked fine since I've had it. Recently my network switched over to WM:1, so the CR100 would not work. Now I've removed the wifi settings. All of my Sonos units are WM:0 but the CR100 refuses to connecy. It tries, recognising when I press Vol up and mute on any zone player, saying it's connecting and it will take a few mins, then says it can't find any sonos components.

I've run disgnostics 5452872
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm having exactly the same problem. CR100 worked fine since I've had it. Recently my network switched over to WM:1, so the CR100 would not work. Now I've removed the wifi settings. All of my Sonos units are WM:0 but the CR100 refuses to connecy. It tries, recognising when I press Vol up and mute on any zone player, saying it's connecting and it will take a few mins, then says it can't find any sonos components.

I've run disgnostics 5452872

Hi RogerDonoghue,

I've added the patch to your system. Once you run updates you should be able to connect your CR100. Please let me know if it works.
Badge
Well I don't know how you did that but bravo! 🙂 All good thanks !
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi,
Have just brought a CR100 and I am getting a message "connecting please wait". Then "This controller was unable to connect to a sonos component. Please try again (1)".
I have submitted a diagnostic report 5458276
Can you please apply the above patch to my system?

Thanks
Chris
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi chris_, things have changed slightly. In order to effectively apply this patch for you, we require you to call us. This way we can apply the patch, you can add the device, then we remove the patch from your system. The contact details can be found at that link, please be sure to choose the appropriate region.
Hi, I'm having the same problem mentioned in that thread. Can you please push the patch to my account? Diagnostic number is 5466181.
Thanks!
I am also having problems connecting my cr100? diagnostic report number is 5471819
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi, I'm having the same problem mentioned in that thread. Can you please push the patch to my account? Diagnostic number is 5466181.
Thanks!

Please go ahead and update, once done and added, please let me know.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I am also having problems connecting my cr100? diagnostic report number is 5471819
Please go ahead and update your setup as well. Let me know once the CR100 is added.
Badge +2
Hi

I've tried to add a CR100 to my existing system. I've reset my router and my bridge is hard wired.

My diagnostic report number is: 5519268

Can you please advise. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

I've tried to add a CR100 to my existing system. I've reset my router and my bridge is hard wired.

My diagnostic report number is: 5519268

Can you please advise. Thanks

Hi Mascot Dec85,

I've added the patch to your system so you should be able to add your CR100 once you've check for and run updates.
Badge +2
Hi Jeff

Thanks for the speedy reply. It worked a treat after I rebooted the CR100.

Great service as always, thank a million
Hi

I've just raised a case - #160301-000487 - in order to try to associated my "new" CR100 with my Sonos config. Is a patch still required and if it is could you push it my way please.

Kind regards
Drew
Badge
Hi,

I have CR200 that was used in another system couple of years ago.
Now i want to connect it to my system but it wont connect.
Diagnostic report number is 5527906.
Can you help?

Thanks in advance
Tanel
Similar issue here, connected the ZP90 to the network, iphone, mac etc all working fine (how easy was that btw!). I tried to reset the CR100 to factory default and let it connect up to the system, but no joy. ZP90 is connected via LAN.
Sumitted diagnostictics under number: 5534116

Hopefully you can find answers your end :)

Kind Regards, Christian
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Similar issue here, connected the ZP90 to the network, iphone, mac etc all working fine (how easy was that btw!). I tried to reset the CR100 to factory default and let it connect up to the system, but no joy. ZP90 is connected via LAN.
Sumitted diagnostictics under number: 5534116

Hopefully you can find answers your end :)

Kind Regards, Christian

Hi Christian,

I've applied the patch to your account so you should be able to connect your CR100 after running updates. Let me know how it goes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

I've just raised a case - #160301-000487 - in order to try to associated my "new" CR100 with my Sonos config. Is a patch still required and if it is could you push it my way please.

Kind regards
Drew

Hi Drew,

The patch has been added to your system. Please check for updates and run any that are found. Let me know if you are then able to add your CR100.
Userlevel 2
I have the same problem - my three CR100 controllers in different rooms no longer see the Sonos components. Happened after the latest software update. The controller says 'Searching for Sonos products...' I have the app running on Windows 10 on a PC that works OK. What do I do?