Answered

Controlling volume via Sonos app in Iphone 11 Pro max

• 15 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi I’m controlling sonos on an Iphone 11 Pro Max via the Sonos app (my speakers are not airplay compatible) and neither the hardware volume controls on the side of the iphone 11 Pro Max, nor the volume slider on the iphone lock screen, are able to control the volume. The only way I can control the volume is via the slider in the app.

I have tried turning off and on “hardware volume controls” and “lock screen controls” in the app settings, as well as reinstalling the app, but the problem persists.

I would like to select and play all my music within the Idagio app, which streams to Sonos, but even when I play music that I have selected via the browse function in the sonos app the problem persits.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 June 2021, 21:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

From Sonos:

Lock screen controls will not appear in the following scenarios:

• A non-Sonos AirPlay capable device is present.
    • Disable the AirPlay feature on all non-Sonos AirPlay endpoints to allow lock screen controls to appear when using Sonos.
  • Another app on the device is playing music or video.
  • While connected to a Bluetooth audio device.
  • VoiceOver is enabled.
  • Headphones are connected to the iOS device.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3381?language=en_US

In some circumstances, the volume buttons will control Sonos even if the app isn’t active, as long as music is playing and lock screen controls are enabled. However, the controls will not be available when:

• Viewing the home screen
  • Another app on the device is playing music or video
  • Connected to a Bluetooth audio device
  • A screen reader is enabled
  • Headphones are connected

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3690?language=en_US