Skip to main content
Answered

Control4 and Sonos

• 7 February 2017
  • 5 replies

At IHDNY we are Control4 dealers in Long Island, NY. We are having a lot of problems when it comes to controlling any Sonos device with the Control4 Platform.

Will there be any update on this matter?
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I don't use Control4 but am following this issue because it is an indicator of Sonos strategy/expertise in Connected Home technology in general. From what I understand it is not recommended to use the endorsed drivers in existing Control4/Sonos installations. You should stick with the old drivers to avoid losing significant functionality. For new installations I think most dealers are using alternatives to Sonos rather than deploying the endorsed drivers and then have to deal with unhappy customers. If a customer is dead set on having Sonos in a new Control4 installation you are going to have to accept the endorsed driver limitations.
Badge +1
Thank you for the support and advice, i hope i can get more answers that will help me with later clients.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, there's a main thread on the issue here which goes into it a bit.

We're planning on working with a lot of home integration systems in the future and we'll be sure to share as things develop. Right now, we're in the early stages of really working with supported integrators. We know you're interested in the future and we'll make sure to share what we can, when we can.
My clients are very upset. Some have had us remove Sonos and install Denon Heos instead.
This is very upset,some of our clients can not control sonos on control 4 app after update sonos connect version to 8.3