Question

Combined group volume control

• 15 December 2020
  • 1 reply

...I have 2 different groups… one is playbar/play 1’s/ and sub 

other group is 2 play 5’s

I can group them in app or by pressing pause/play on … however .. in the app I can control volume of play 5’s grouped as a plus one with the bar/ones/sub… however as I press the volume up or down on my play one from my chair … it only increases the volume on sub/playbar/play ones …. 

what can I do to fix this ???… much obliged for any help 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @RussianBlues2.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me see what I can do to help you.

To better understand, are you using the same controller/device when the issue occurs?

I just want to verify if this is a TV remote you’re using when you said that you “press the volume up and down”?

If it is, then that explains why it can only control the bonded home theater speakers (Sub/Playbar/Play:1’s) where it was configured or paired.

To check some data from your system, please send in a diagnostic report through the Sonos app and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and go from there.

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.