Skip to main content
I am having difficulty clearing what is being played in a room or rooms. It is causing other devices to not be able to play or override what was last played in a given room. Ultimately we can get it to work, but just seems like it’s a challenge. Any others experiencing this?
I think you'll have to provide more details about your "difficulty". To clear a group, hit Pause/Stop on it (if currently playing) then clear queue. How exactly you do that depends on which kind of device the controller is running on.
Stopping a stream from Tune In Radio or Sirius will not allow you to clear queue. It simply stops playing but remains as queued for that room. Even when closing and reopening the Sonos App.
A radiostream is not queued hence you can not delete it and also not queue up a second radiostream. It’s there as “last played” for your convenience, why do you want to remove it?
I want to remove it because it causes conflicts when another device wants to connect to a given room. You can “end session” when using Spotify. Why os it so hard to end a session for all other streaming services? Seems like a very simple feature to have for such a sophisticated system. And I am not the only one who has had this complaint over the years, it appears as I have learned in my research.
when another device wants to connect to a given room

What does this mean, exactly? Can you give an example.
I want to remove it because it causes conflicts when another device wants to connect to a given room. You can “end session” when using Spotify. Why os it so hard to end a session for all other streaming services? Seems like a very simple feature to have for such a sophisticated system. And I am not the only one who has had this complaint over the years, it appears as I have learned in my research.I have never seen this asked before and I am no clearer than anyone else what problem you are having.