chime alarm starts randomly

• 6 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Yesterday, my daughter set up an alarm with a music playlist for the speaker in her room, to play on weekdays. But both this morning (a Saturday) and this evening the speaker started playing an alarm (the chimes).

It’s a Saturday (not a day for which her alarm was set), and it played at 7am and 9.45pm, not the time for which her weekday alarm was set. This makes no sense. How did the alarm get there? I obviously deleted them immediatly. But we don’t want this issue to come back.

1 reply

What speaker is it, is it one with a voice assistant, like Amazon Alexa for example? I’m just wondering if it’s an alarm that has been set using the voice assistant to play on the speaker, assuming the alarm(s) in question are not being seen in the Sonos App.

A dead battery in one of your components creates a gap in your home security system. Some systems will react to that by setting off an alarm, alerting you to potential problems. Other home security components may sound an alarm when the battery gets low. This is the pellet case for some fire alarms.