Skip to main content

Hi,

After getting a new Apple Macbook I got Catalina OSX. When I installed Sonos Controller for OSX, OSX App cannot find my existing Sonos System. My Sonos System is updated to 11.1, I checked my firewall, added Sonos there but no go. Is there a solution?

Regards,
Aras

@arassimo Thank you for bringing your concerns to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. Are you able to submit to us an updated diagnostic report number from the Sonos app from the new Mac you are setting up and then another report number from another device you may have running the Sonos app. We will also need your network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged).

Also, are you running any third party software for security like Nortons or McAfee as you may have to confirm/configure any advance settings that could be blocking your computer to see and stay connected to your Sonos system. Please follow up here with the diagnostic report numbers and a notice to us of any network or software settings you may have adjusted.

Hi,

There is no diagnostic report section on Mac Sonos App. I am only running Bitdefender Antivirus on Mac.

You don’t have ‘Submit Diagnostics’ under the Help menu when running the Sonos software?

@arassimo Thank you for the quick follow up. Have you confirmed the advance settings of Bitdefender Antivirus to confirm it is not blocking Sonos? I do believe that is an Apple product but may be a pre-installed application. I have never used it so could not show you were to look in the settings to confirm it is not blocking us. Also, as Bruce points out, if you do not see the submit diagnostic option, you should see a more options choice from the computer app that should allow you to send us a report about how your computer is connecting to wifi.

We will also need your network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged).

Also, are you running any third party software for security like Nortons or McAfee as you may have to confirm/configure any advance settings that could be blocking your computer to see and stay connected to your Sonos system. Please follow up here with the diagnostic report numbers and a notice to us of any network or software settings you may have adjusted.

Hi,

‘Submit Diagnostics’ under the Help menu is disabled maybe because I could not complete connect to system setup on Sonos Mac App. Bitdefender Antivirus is not blocking it has no firewall blocker. My playbar . I have  a Boost which is wired, a Connect, a Playbar, a Sub, 3 units Play1, 1 unit One which are connected wireless. I have a TP-Link AC1200 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System which is connected to a DSL modem. I have no problems on Phone iOS Sonos App, but could not setup on this new Mac App on Catalina. I was able to setup and use Mac Sonos App on Mojave with no problems before.

Aras

@arassimo Thank you for the follow up information. If you are unable to submit us a diagnostic report from your new Mac controller then please provide us a diagnostic report number from one of your other controllers connected to your wifi and Sonos system. I realize you mention a mesh router and a DSL modem but we need your full network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged).

You mention our Boost is wired, but into what? After you can provide us a diagnostic report number from one of your other working controller(s) and update us with your full network topology I would ask that you remove the Sonos app from your Mac and confirm, by using this link that you have downloaded the most up to date Sonos app to your Mac.

After you have gathered and confirmed the needed information from above then please power re-boot off your wifi equipment for 30 seconds with no lights on it, meaning no battery backup, then power it back up. While this equipment is powering back on then power re-boot off your Sonos units for the same time with no lights and plug them back in to power, no button pressing is needed. Also, please confirm that your Boost is Ethernet wired to the main router and not an access point or beacon hub for your mesh network router. When everything is re-booted and you can connect back into the working app then please test the Mac app and connecting to your existing system. You can follow up here with the testing results along with any screen shots you may be getting of your Mac not connecting.

My Boost is connected to My DSL router with cable. My DSL Router is Net Master Modem CBN-383ZN. My Mesh Wifi System is TP-Link AC1200 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System, running as Access Point mode. All Other Sonos Product are wifi connected to Mesh Wifi System. I have sent a diagnotics report from my İOS Controller which is connect to my wifi and Sonos System.

onos system.

@arassimo Thank you for the follow up information. Please understand we need your diagnostic report number in you reply to look it up, but more importantly you just described having at least two network routers. If your Boost is Ethernet wired to your ISP next router and your phone is connecting to Sonos then you computer is highly likely on the mesh networks 2.4 G or 5 G connection and not seeing Sonos. I am assuming that you want everything to work on your mesh network connections. You then just need to move the Boost to be wired to the mesh network router and not an access point. You then just want to re-boot your Sonos products off/on for 15 seconds so that they rejoin the Boost sending out Sonosnet from the mesh router. You can then add your Mac Sonos app to your existing system and then make sure your mobile device is on the wifi from the mesh router and not your ISP router.

After you complete those steps please let us know of the results along with an updated diagnostic report number from your Mac Sonos app. If your connection issue is still continuing we will need you to call in for live agent assistance.