Question

Cannot leave beta program 7.0

• 18 November 2016
  • 17 replies

Badge
I have just tried to leave the beta program as I would prefer to use all the controller functions on my iPhone and iPad including EQ settings, Trueplay setup and other points. However, it did not work and I received a message saying Error code 9: and then all the room names.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Badge
What solutions does anyone suggest or am I stuck using my PC Controller until this Beta is ended or policy rules change with Apple re IOS ???
Have you tried what's in this?
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1707/~/removing-yourself-from-a-sonos-beta-program
Badge
Hi John, thank you for the link. I have done all the requested actions and the downgrade on the Sonos devices didn't work. So I will share that with the Beta team on feedback form later. I know about the Limited Compatibility in IOS will be fixed when the new version goes into Production so will have to wait until it becomes available or the downgrade process works later. Thanks
Badge
Hi John, thank you for the link. I have done all the requested actions and the downgrade on the Sonos devices didn't work. I will share that with the Beta team via the feedback form later. I know the Limited Compatibility in IOS will be fixed when the new version goes into Production so will have to wait until it becomes available or the downgrade process works later. Thanks
If you get through to Sonos Support on the phone I am sure they would be able to resolve it. No need to wait for full release.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have just tried to leave the beta program as I would prefer to use all the controller functions on my iPhone and iPad including EQ settings, Trueplay setup and other points. However, it did not work and I received a message saying Error code 9: and then all the room names.

Hi Nw10gooner,

There's currently an issue with downgrading from the beta program. It would be best to work with our phone team to get your system working properly. Please give us a call and reference ticket number: 161118-003223. Our phone number and hours can be found here.
I have two play:1 and Im getting error code:9 on both of them.. Im unable to do anything with it.. please help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have two play:1 and Im getting error code:9 on both of them.. Im unable to do anything with it.. please help!

Hi darkanakin15,

I've created a support ticket for you: 161118-003239. Please reach out to our phone team who can help with this issue. Our phone number and hours can be found here.
Hi. I just talked to Sonos support. All my Sonos devices were updated to version 7.0. While you can attempt to "update" (downdate?) back to the regular Mac/iPhone app version, the devices themselves are not able to go backwards to the older version. This is what generates the error messages. Hence I was told I have no choice but to wait until the new app updates come out. While they didn't give a date, they did say it should be soon. (My Mac app was at version 7.0 for a while. Now both my phone and Mac are on 6.4 and the Mac won't go back to version 7.0 again either). So - we wait.
Badge
Hi All, This morning I noticed that an update had been done on the Sonos devices to ver 7.1 but the IOS controller app was still at ver 6.4.8.
Any case I tried to leave the 7.0 Beta again and this time it worked !!
All 3 Sonos products (Playbar, Sonos Sub and RealPlay 5) are at ver 6.4.2.
So I am happy, EQ and Room settings now available to control via the IOS app.
I will wait for the full production version when you can play music on the Sonos system directly from the Spotify app.
Thanks Jeff S and John B.
Badge
....slight correction that Playbar is on ver 6.4 now and the Sub and RealPlay5 on ver 6.4.2.

Cheers
Oh God... Made an mistake and upgraded to beta with my brand new Sonos 5 and Playbar... Can't control the EQ and room names anymore. I have tried everything that you have as help for downgrade to public release but i always have ERORR 9

. Please help me. Thanks
Badge
Hi Christian, use this link:
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1707/~/removing-yourself-from-a-sonos-beta-program?_ga=1.110891205.1333966485.1413094971
If you follow the instructions then you will be able to leave the beta program and go back to production level code. First time I tried it on Thursday it didn't work for me. However, I tried again on Saturday and it worked. Then you should see that all Sonos devices are on ver 6.4 or 6.4.2 and the IOS app version 6.4.8 (not sure if you are using an iPhone or iPad).Then you get back all the Room setting controls including EQ.
Thank you for the response, unfortunately doesn't work. I am inactive on sonos beta page, trued multiple times to delete apps, restartsistem with factory reset... still the same error. Play 5 is useless now since I can't add any music service, playbar working but i am unable to downgrade or add music service. I am waiting for their answer.
Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thank you for the response, unfortunately doesn't work. I am inactive on sonos beta page, trued multiple times to delete apps, restartsistem with factory reset... still the same error. Play 5 is useless now since I can't add any music service, playbar working but i am unable to downgrade or add music service. I am waiting for their answer.
Thanks again!

Hi Christian, have you had a chance to get this resolved? If not, you'll want to give us a call on our support line and a technician will walk you through downgrading from the public beta to the main release.
Resolved with Sonos from France, thanks!!