Skip to main content

I have upgraded from the original Sonos 5 to the very latest Sonos 5 - single speaker.  I have installed the controller on two cell phones, an iPad, and my main Windows 10 computer.  But the controller installation file (Sonos2) will not run on my laptop.  I get error 1305, error reading from file.  Have tried multiple downloads of the file to no avail.  This is probably a Windows issue but I’m sure I’m not the only one experiencing this problem.  I have not been able to find much help out there for this issue but I assume it’s a fairly common Windows problem.  I would greatly appreciate your assistance.  Thanks……...

Hi @fjlightle.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried all troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

Try to following let us know if it works.

1. Disable the Antivirus and other security-related products.
  2. Attempt to install the Sonos App again.
  3. re-enable the antivirus software as soon as you're done

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

There is no “Sonos2” file, where did you get that? Please download the S1 or S2 app from https://support.sonos.com/s/downloads?language=en_US

Thank you for the replies.  Have already tried turning off anti-virus, etc.  That’s not it.  “Sonos2”, ok S2……..jeez……..You will recall I know what file to download and where to get it as I have successfully installed it on two iPhones, an iPad, and two laptops.  And until this latest version, have had it installed on my main computer successfully.  Other apps install with no problem on my main computer, except for the current version of S2.  I’ve seen this problem before with other software but it’s been a couple of years and I don’t recall what the solution is.  I’ve tried all the smart, common sense approaches to resolving the issue to no avail.  It’s a Windows installation error - 1305.  Google has not come up with anything useful, which surprises me.  I have to assume many other people have had the same problem.

Correction:  Have successfully installed S2 on one laptop, my main computer, 2 iPhones, and an iPad.  I cannot get it installed on my other laptop, and it installs and runs everything else without a hitch.