Skip to main content
Hi,

I am experiencing what appears to be a notorious problem with Sonos. The controller suddenly stopped connecting to my iTunes library and I now receive the dreaded "server cannot be found" error message. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong. The controller was playing music from my library this morning without issue before I went to work. After I came home and booted up my computer, Sonos can't connect. Absolutely nothing changed with my system between this morning and now.

I really don't want to have to remove and reconnect my iTunes music folder (20,000+ songs) to resolve this issue. Help!
I have the same problem. Wonder if you found out how to solve this?
I have the same problem...help anyone please
To the OP, I'm wondering if there might have been a change in some firewall software in the background, which may have blocked access from the Sonos app to your iTunes library. One thing I'd suggest is trying to add the library back in, and see if it can be "seen". I believe (without testing myself) that you can add it again without deleting the original entry. I'd consider that a test case, and you can delete the duplicate second entry after doing so, I think. But I'd seriously be looking at something that updates in the background as a potential issue, since you didn't do any software updates or rename your machine.

Might be worth submit a system diagnostic, and call in to Sonos to discuss, if that doesn't work. The Sonos folks on the phone can probably help you more directly, especially if there's a need to allow them access to remote into your system to help diagnose and fix the problem.

To the other two of you, there's not enough information in your posts to even begin to help you. We need more information that "it doesn't work for me". In fact, for both of you, I'd highly recommend the instructions in my previous paragraph.
I have experienced this for some time now
Great. I'd still recommend the same things I did in the post immediately before yours.