Skip to main content
Get error message “cannot add songs to Queue” and sometimes code 701 when trying to play from any source. Have done resets galore. Submitted diagnostic. #135648292
It should be a very last resort to reset your Sonos devices. I would only do that when advised to do so by Sonos Staff.

I have not heard of that particular error code before ... see the codes here:

Sonos Error Messages & Codes

What is the audio source you are using and have you considered wireless network interference issues, which are not going to be rectified by resetting your devices... see these two (hopefully useful) links:

Reducing Wireless Interference

Local Network Stability

If you cannot get things working correctly by following the advice in those links, you could then contact Sonos Customer Care directly, using this link below:

Contact Sonos Customer Care/Twitter (24/7) etc.

Anyhow I truly hope that helps and that you get your 'likely' local wireless network issues resolved soon.?
Ken- thanks for feedback. Did some troubleshooting using these resources. And while I could not identify a source of interference I also stumbled on another post on the topic of overall stability. This suggested hardwiring at least one speaker(And Turing off it’s wifi) So gave that a shot and now all is working great. Having a party this evening and my wife was freaking out. So all good now!