Skip to main content
Question

Can you make the Playbar TV source a "favorite"?

• 27 August 2017
  • 6 replies

This would create a solution for a number of "remote and voice" control options for selecting the TV source outside the SONOS app.
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Where are you wanting to 'favorite' the source device selection outside the app?
I think that several people would like it as it would allow some settings in a Harmony Remote to work, if memory serves.
Badge
Skelton, if the TV source is on the favorite list I could take advantage of several "control" applications that will allow access to the favorites list. In my case I would use the Lutron/Alexa integration to allow me to set up a voice command for "Alexa, Turn on Sonos TV".
Badge
@Skelton, I reread your question and maybe you were asking a UI question. Ideally I'd like the Sonos app to include on the TV source the option to "Add to Favorites". This way "TV" can be placed on the favorite list. As the favorite list is picked-up by a number of 3rd party integrations (e.g. Lutron Voice control through Alexa, Harmony remote) then I could have a remote control option for switching to the TV source.
Badge
OK, I got a solution for my installation. I have the GITHUB sonos_echo_api installed and used the uri of the SPDIF input as one of the presets. I can now say "Alexa, ask Sonos to play preset TV" and the input switches to the TV. Works great.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
The TV input only works on some devices (eg Playbars), so this is probably why it cannot be added as a Favorite.