Question

Can't seem to remove myself from the beta program

• 1 December 2016
  • 11 replies

Hi, could you please help me to remove myself from the beta program? I've tried the advice and removed myself off the beta website and reinstalled the app, but it still won't allow me to update without an email, which I never seem to receive.

Any help would be appreciated

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, could you please help me to remove myself from the beta program? I've tried the advice and removed myself off the beta website and reinstalled the app, but it still won't allow me to update without an email, which I never seem to receive.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi Maximus4033,

I'm sending you a direct message with some instructions.
Jeff, could you please provide similar instructions?

I joined Beta program, and then public Beta. I didn't RTFM. 😞 I lost ability to add services on iOS. I removed my self from the Public Beta. Removed myself from the Beta program entirely. Uninstalled Mac controller and iOS App (side note: could never 'find' the beta version of the OSX Controller, only 6.4). Now I get a 1101 error downgrading. Tried rebooting Sonos devices. Have 7 in one house, 2 in my ski house, and another friend who I put in the same situation. What do we do?

Matthew
Jeff S recently asked other users to PM him directly for this issue. Give it a shot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Jeff, could you please provide similar instructions?

I joined Beta program, and then public Beta. I didn't RTFM. 😞 I lost ability to add services on iOS. I removed my self from the Public Beta. Removed myself from the Beta program entirely. Uninstalled Mac controller and iOS App (side note: could never 'find' the beta version of the OSX Controller, only 6.4). Now I get a 1101 error downgrading. Tried rebooting Sonos devices. Have 7 in one house, 2 in my ski house, and another friend who I put in the same situation. What do we do?

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

I'm sending you a direct message with instructions for leaving the beta program.
Hi Jeff, I am in the same situation, error 1101.. thanks James
Badge
Jeff I would appreciate a PM as well. Have the same problem only error 9
Badge
Hi Jeff, same here.. I'd like to try out Trueplay and was too fast to join the beta 😉 can't downgrade
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jimbo1974, heer2351 and Spot,

I'm sending you all some direct messages with instructions.
Badge
thanks Jeff again for the help... everything is working great (again)..

S.
Hi Jimbo1974, heer2351 and Spot,

I'm sending you all some direct messages with instructions.

I have the same problem. I need to exit Beta. Can I have the instructions as well please?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, socrocs. This is a rather old thread and our procedures may have changed in the meantime. this link, Removing yourself from a Sonos Beta Program, should get you on your way. If not, can you please describe the issue you're having in greater depth? Many thanks.