Skip to main content
Question

Can’t add music services to the new Sonos app

I can’t add new music services to the new Sonos app. The app is up to date, I’ve tried restarting my phone, logging out and back in on the app, trying multiple times with Amazon Music and Deezer. The service page says that the service was successful added and I can return to Sonos app, but when I do it it says that the service couldn’t be added and try again later.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 1

I have managed to get to Sonos support trough chat and they advised me to restart the router, seems like Sonos can’t access the streaming services servers. It didn’t work and the chat was ended from Sonos part without any resolution. Poor app and poor customer service. 

Badge

I have the exakt same problem. Was told to restart the router (which didnt work)

Userlevel 1

I can’t add new music services to the new Sonos app. The app is up to date, I’ve tried restarting my phone, logging out and back in on the app, trying multiple times with Amazon Music and Deezer. The service page says that the service was successful added and I can return to Sonos app, but when I do it it says that the service couldn’t be added and try again later.

Same thing for me. Unable to add Apple Music and Tidal. I was able to add Tidal with the pc app. I did everything possible with three Sonos agent. Same result. I have to meet a Sonos agent level 2 but no agent was available before de June 10th :-(((. I am stocked until then … 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

all for headphones 🙄

Userlevel 3
Badge

Same issue here. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same here. Just awful what happens to Sonos. We changed the streaming service and now I cannot add the accounts of my Family to Sonos … i‘m more than angry. This all feels like a pre-Alpha preview version that should have never seen the light on peoples systems…

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same here. Just awful what happens to Sonos. We changed the streaming service and now I cannot add the accounts of my Family to Sonos … i‘m more than angry. This all feels like a pre-Alpha preview version that should have never seen the light on peoples systems…

Funny, with the macOS app, I was able to add TIDAL Accounts to Sonos. But if I want to add Apple Music, Sonos tells me, I have to use the iOS or Android apps for that. But the iOS and Android apps tell me about “unexpected errors”, when I try to… it's enough to make your skin crawl

Userlevel 1

Nothing changed after today’s app update. 

Badge +1

I would suggest to check this other thread as it solved this issue for me (not being able to add my Apple Music account to Sonos) without creating a new Sonos account:

Userlevel 1

I would suggest to check this other thread as it solved this issue for me (not being able to add my Apple Music account to Sonos) without creating a new Sonos account:

I’ve already seen it, but in my opinion if this is a solution is not a very easy one. Besides that, Sonos support should advise on this if that’s the only possible fix. 

Badge +1

Oh, totally agree with you, this is not acceptable at all!

It did work for me and I preferred doing this than not being able to use my Sonos system unfortunately.

I must say I’m very angry at Sonos for putting in production this new App with soooo many bugs or missing features. Truly unbelievable. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Has anyone been able to solve this without factory reset?

Userlevel 1

Has anyone been able to solve this without factory reset?

Apparently not 😔

Userlevel 1

I have managed to add Amazon Music and Deezer with Sonos app for Mac. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

This is a complete disaster - CANNOT add Apple Music via sonos app - try Mac controller and it says “Apple Music must be added through iOS APP”!!! 

WE NEED TO PLEASE SORT THIS OUT SONOS WHY CAN I NOT ADD APPLE MUSIC!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Funny, with the macOS app, I was able to add TIDAL Accounts to Sonos. But if I want to add Apple Music, Sonos tells me, I have to use the iOS or Android apps for that. But the iOS and Android apps tell me about “unexpected errors”, when I try to… it's enough to make your skin crawl

Totally - it’s literally enough to tear your hair out. It’s so sad.