Skip to main content

Hello, since the new update I can not create or save alarms.
I use an iphone 14 pro max with the newest app update
and an old iphone 7 plus with an outdated app.

I onlöy can add/update it on an outdated app (iphone 7plus) now...
From the current app and main device (iphone 14 pro max) I can not edit or save it.

Still can not create or save on both devices.

I am I the same boat. Can set and save alarms on an iPad and they show up on my phone, but cannot save any from my phone. Only think which sticks on my phone is switching on or off

Smilja, I have a backup using iTunes but the only backup on iPhone I can see is Device Backups/iCloud which is OFF. If I select this to backup it merely says it will backup my data and there is not enough space anyway. I don’t and don’t wish to subscrbe to iCloud for more space. Don’t worry though as I do not expect you to assist me with iPhone procedures (appreciate your suggestions to date btw) . I’ll just live with this as i know I can set alarms using the tablet or latop. I’m not convinced anyway it is my phone as you can see from others posting here who also cannot SAVE their alarms. ie i am not alone with this issue so I doubt very much it is the phone. 

Hi @Alex D & @jc4 

As you have the same issue, could you please also try all the steps I’ve suggested above (in previous posts too) and submit a support diagnostic, letting me know here when you have done so? Thanks.

Which suggestions are you referring to?  If it's just to reboot my phone, I reboot all of my devices regularly (they are Android, so the non-functioning save button is not specific to iPhone).  The support diagnostic has been sent.  

The issue with the save button not being functional has existed since Alarms were first reintroduced.  There are numerous posts in various places across the community forums about not being able to save.  Just looking now, I see posts from 3 months ago, 2 months ago, 1 month ago…   It's frustrating for the community to see many people experiencing an issue that Sonos considers to be resolved. 

Corry P. Ah;  good to know it probably isn’t just “my” phone so has saved me a lot of trouble; reinstalling the whole phone that is. Well, no more to be said really. Thanks to Smilja, you and other contributors. Guess, just wait and see and, as I said, if you need an alarm then set up on an iPad or Windows system (and Android I guess too)  and ignore trying to set up and save on a phone. Maybe it will be fixed by Christmas!🙁

Corry P. Ah;  good to know it probably isn’t just “my” phone so has saved me a lot of trouble; reinstalling the whole phone that is. Well, no more to be said really. Thanks to Smilja, you and other contributors. Guess, just wait and see and, as I said, if you need an alarm then set up on an iPad or Windows system (and Android I guess too)  and ignore trying to set up and save on a phone. Maybe it will be fixed by Christmas!🙁

Are you referring to an Apple iPhone here? Only I see the ‘save’ button for Alarms on my iPhone XR. If so, maybe try signing out/in on the App, or even perhaps reinstalling the App.

I have same issue as those above on iphone13pro. I’ve tried all advice given above and more (rebooting all speakers, resetting network). It has been like this since the major App refresh a few months ago. Called Sonos 2 months ago and no joy. 

Hi @Tiffanbrill 

Thanks for that info. We need a little more context, please.

Have you tried a reboot of your iPhone 14? If not, please do so, just in case it helps.

Do you know when this started? Has it been since May, or later than that?

Do you have access to an alternate device that can run the newer Sonos app? If so, do you see the same behaviour on it?

Hi @Alex D & @jc4 

As you have the same issue, could you please also try all the steps I’ve suggested above (in previous posts too) and submit a support diagnostic, letting me know here when you have done so? Thanks.

It started after the second update.
And no I don't have an alternative, alarm function wont show on the Windows app nor the Web App.

I’m really considering RMA or so. 

And I am like everyone else here. I see where I can create a new alarm but once I do and hit save nothing happens. iPhone 13.  Frustrating.

Hi @Tiffanbrill et al

I recently came across the following sequence of steps that may help with your situation:

• Delete all existing alarms
  • Reset Sonos app
  • Open Sonos app
  • Uninstall Sonos app
  • Reinstall Sonos app
  • Sign in

Please try following these steps and let me know if you continue to have the same issue with your alarms afterwards. Thanks.

I hope this helps.