Skip to main content
Answered

can I connect a device to zp80 using rca and output a digital stream using toslink

• 9 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I have a digital-only preamp and would like to play vinyl through my system.

If I connect my record player to  the analog in on my ZP80, I cannot get it to pass through to my digital preamp, even though the preamp can see a connection.

Do I need to do any special config to get the ZP80 to input an analog  source via RCA and then output it to the toslink connector?

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have a digital-only preamp and would like to play vinyl through my system.

If I connect my record player to  the analog in on my ZP80, I cannot get it to pass through to my digital preamp, even though the preamp can see a connection.

Do I need to do any special config to get the ZP80 to input an analog  source via RCA and then output it to the toslink connector?

Thanks in advance!

All Line-In input is digitized, so it should work fine.  Make sure you have a phono preamp, either internal or external to the turntable, and try adjusting the line in level in the settings for the ZP80.

I’ll give it a play.

The turntable is connected to a Rega Fono mini, which is connected to the analog input of the ZP80.

The ZP is then connected to the digital preamp via toslink.

I’ll check the line in level settings next.

Thanks for the advice!