Skip to main content

The  split the system idea to S1 & S2 is straight garbage.  I  have over 15 sonos speakers in my home and Im supposed to start over again because Sonos wants to play games with the controller?   Now Im an angry customer whose taking a new play 5 back to the store.  Way to lose sales sonos …….brilliant idea to make new equipment that isnt compatible, if I wanted that, I wouldve bought a different and a cheaper brand of speaker.  I guess i get an old play 5 off ebay.  Because new speakers wont work with the previous models.

The S1/S2 device compatibility support document is shown here…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4786

A Play 5 should be able to run on an S1 system. The new Five (successor to the Play 5) won't.

The  split the system idea to S1 & S2 is straight garbage.  I  have over 15 sonos speakers in my home and Im supposed to start over again because Sonos wants to play games with the controller?   Now Im an angry customer whose taking a new play 5 back to the store.  Way to lose sales sonos …….brilliant idea to make new equipment that isnt compatible, if I wanted that, I wouldve bought a different and a cheaper brand of speaker.  I guess i get an old play 5 off ebay.  Because new speakers wont work with the previous models.

Unfortunately you have either totally misunderstood the nature of the S1/S2 change, or are being deliberately provocative, because there isn’t a grain of truth in what you have written here.  But believe what you will, it happened and it isn’t going to change.