Skip to main content

Hi There, new Sonos user here. I’m all set up and it’s working fine. I’ve set up the remote as per instructions. But the remote is also turning up the volume through the TV speakers at the same time as it adjusts the Beam, and I’m getting that awful out of synch sound. I thought the HDMI (ARC) would recognise an external device connected and not use the TV speakers. Any suggestions? 

What model TV do you have? Can you disable the TV speakers in the settings? Have you enabled CEC in your TV settings?

It’s a Panasonic Viera and I can’t see any option to turn of the TV speakers. I think CEC is called Viera link on a Panasonic, and yes it’s on. 

What exact Panasonic TV model do you have? Check for a Viera Link app on the TV where you can change the Speaker Selection from TV to Home Cinema.

Ok, sorted. Apparently Panasonic have a secret Hotel mode that you have to access. This explains it in case anyone else has the same issue. 

https://www.symphonious.net/2014/12/26/disabling-internal-speakers-on-a-panasonic-tv/