Skip to main content

My Beam does not appear in the Products in system settings. If I add the PlayOnes it disappears. I am logged in. I tried all things mentioned in this post about turning of private network, etc.:

I have iOS 15.4.1; 

The Sonos app is 14.6 build 68228040

Couple of questions here….are you intending the Ones (or PLAY:1s) to be surround speakers to the Beam, or are they supposed to be separate rooms that you’re going to play music in?

Also, what make and model router are you running? On the same vein, how does your Sonos system connect to it?

Without the details of the above questions, here’s a guess: if they aren’t both showing up at the same time, it’s entirely possible that you’ve accidentally set up two different Sonos “Systems” or homes. And/or you’ve got a mesh network, and each device may be on a different subnet. 

I’d try this, as a first step:

First, unplug your Ones 

Next, open up your controller app. and see if the Beam appears. 

If it doesn’t, try temporarily connecting your Beam to your router with an ethernet cable. It’s possible that you’d need to temporarily unhook it from the TV and move it to get the cable to reach, but since it’s a temporary step, this shouldn’t hinder you. Once we get everything working, we can go back and hook it to the TV set. 

Once it’s connected to your router with a cable, it should be showing up in your controller. It may have earlier, but this is the safest way to get things set up.

I’d then factory reset the Ones, or PLAY:1s, and set them up temporarily as a separate room (or two), then once they’re set up, go ahead if you want, and add them as surround speakers to the Beam. Completely optional here.

Once that’s done, remove the ethernet cable, and move the Beam back to the TV, and plug it back in. Give the system a couple of minutes to come back up before checking in the controller. 

Couple of questions here….are you intending the Ones (or PLAY:1s) to be surround speakers to the Beam, or are they supposed to be separate rooms that you’re going to play music in?

The beam is for the TV alone and PlayOnes are separate speakers in different rooms.

Also, what make and model router are you running? On the same vein, how does your Sonos system connect to it?

It’s a Cable company router that goes into my Mesh Network Orbi 6. So you’re onto something maybe,  Airgetlam!

I’ll try out your other suggestions tonight. Thank you.

One thing to note, “surround” speakers are bonded/get their signal from the front speaker in the Home Theater “Room”. They still get assigned IP addresses from the router, but as extensions of the Beam, in your case. That’s the signal they connect to, and not your home wifi or SonosNet (from a BOOST or a BRIDGE). So it’s important to be sure the there’s no potential issues with  wifi interference , particularly in the 5Ghz range, but not only, near the Beam or the surrounds. It also is a bad thing to turn off the “radio” in the Beam or the surrounds, since that’s how they communicate with each other. 

Oribi 6 is a mesh network, so I’d be sure that I’m connecting one of your Sonos devices to the “base” of that Orbi system. Essentially, you’re better off running with a “wired” system. See more information in the wired and wireless modes FAQ.