Answered

BBC sounds app not working

• 20 January 2024
  • 2 replies

BBC sounds has stopped working through Sonos app. I've uninstalled both apps but still when I try to add BBC sounds to the app it asks to authorise the BBC account but then goes to a "link not ready" page which just buffers. Does anyone know how to fix it?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 January 2024, 12:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AlexaHogg71

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’re having with BBC Sounds on your Sonos system - I presume it was working without issue before?

I was unable to replicate the issue you’re reporting with adding BBC Sounds to my own system - I was able to add BBC Sounds without trouble.

Please try rebooting your phone/tablet and/or try from a different device, if you have that option.

I also recommend that you reboot your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds and trying again once WiFi has returned.

If you continue to have problems after performing these steps, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

@AlexHogg71,
I’ve just tried/tested the reauthorising of the BBC sounds app too within the Sonos S2 App and it’s working okay here aswell. I’m based in the U.K.