Skip to main content

Received notification this evening April 21, 2022 for System Update.  Wondering what I got?

Inventory with updated hardware version

One SL (left) 1.28.1.6-1.1
One SL (right) 1.28.1.6-1.1

Playbar 1.9.1.11-1.2

Amp 1.24.1.12-1.2

Sub 1.8.6.6-1.2

Port 1.29.1.7-1.2

OS S2 14.6 (build 68228040)

Those are mostly the devices ‘hardware’ builds - you ideally need to look at the software version, which for the latest S2 App release is v14.6 build 68228040. Also see this link for release notes:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3521

Just to be sure, there are often (not always) two types of Sonos update, one is for the controller App itself, which is installed on the mobile device (phone/tablet) or PC etc.

Then there is the software/firmware update for the Speakers/Products, which may often take place automatically if you have that option enabled/scheduled in the Sonos App settings, or the update can be done manually from within the App.

Each kind of update can be checked for by going to ‘Settings/System/System Updates’ and select ’Check for Updates’ - I personally tend to check it once for the controller App update and then run the check a second time to do any software update for the hardware (as required).

The S2 was already on v14.6 build 68228040 on my phone app.  What I’m curious about is knowing details of the System Update that just occurred on my inventory.  My system update notification was prompted by me re-registering system for Apple Music.  Is there a method of discovery?

The S2 was already on v14.6 build 68228040 on my phone app. 

Thats likely if you have “Automatic App Updates" enabled on your iOS device.

What I’m curious about is knowing details of the System Update that just occurred on my inventory.  My system update notification was prompted by me re-registering system for Apple Music.  Is there a method of discovery?

Usually the App on opening from a fully closed state will check for any updates, but that check happens periodically anyway, so you should get notified (at least within a 24 hour period) of any new update in the App itself.

You can of course also check for updates manually at any time, as described in my earlier post if you wish. You may also see that you can schedule the firmware updates in the App to take place automatically and set a schedule of morning, afternoon, evening or overnight. See screenshot attached.

OK...I have been trying to update my Beam g2 for months..ever time it comes up .. problem with update...I have tried all the "easy" fixes..I am getting to the point throwing it in the trash...does anybody else have this issue...

It’s not a common issue, no. Have you tried wiring the beam temporarily to your router with an Ethernet cable? Or simply in plugging the Beam from power for 2 minutes, then plugging it back in?

None of us really know what the ‘easy fixes’ are that you’ve tried, nor do we know anything about your network. Or if there’s an error shown at the end of the process, and what it says. 

Have you tried submitting a diagnostic, and calling Sonos customer support directly with the diagnostic number, so they can see the data in your logs?