Skip to main content

I have been waiting for this feature for a long time, and now that it's finally here, it feels underwhelming. It only works about half of the time, other times I need to scrub the song to get it to start lossless, and sometimes the music just cuts off and playing the next song does nothing, it only plays silence. I have to choose a different album or playlist to get it to play music again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Slightly different for me. The lossless badge doesn’t always show. Sometimes it’s almost near the end of the song or not at all. I’ve read it might be bandwidth related but tbh really have no clue. 

Its a welcome update though. 

It requires a fast internet to be able to play lossless without hickups.

And I listen to lossless via the old S2 app, but without the lossless badge, therfore this sound update has nothing to do with the new app.

It requires a fast internet to be able to play lossless without hickups.

And I listen to lossless via the old S2 app, but without the lossless badge, therfore this sound update has nothing to do with the new app.

I never mentioned the new app, I’m not complaining about it, I actually like it quite a lot. And I know bandwidth can be an issue, specially given how crappy broadband internet is in the US, but I don’t live there, I have good fiber internet service with 400Mbps so more than enough bandwidth to stream lossless.

How are you so sure that you were streaming lossless if you never saw the badge? Did you have a peek at the stream info provided by the AVTransportControl notification service? Because I have, and while it did stream at 16 bits before, it was by no means lossless.  

Because I use my ears so I don't need a badge to hear what I'm listening to via my Port, it's also described in another thread here on this forum.

“Best answer by Nollind

The recent system update (to your speakers, not the app) added Apple Music lossless support but you need the new app updates to see the lossless indicator.

That said though, if you launch an Apple Music song from the old app, it will still play lossless but the indicator just won’t show on the old app (but will be seen on the new app).”

And I can see that you aggressively do not want to understand what I have written and that you mix things up, so I am out of this discussion.

Because I use my ears so I don't need a badge to hear what I'm listening to via my Port, it's also described in another thread here on this forum.

“Best answer by Nollind

The recent system update (to your speakers, not the app) added Apple Music lossless support but you need the new app updates to see the lossless indicator.

That said though, if you launch an Apple Music song from the old app, it will still play lossless but the indicator just won’t show on the old app (but will be seen on the new app).”

And I can see that you aggressively do not want to understand what I have written and that you mix things up, so I am out of this discussion.

Oh I completely understood what you wrote, it’s just off topic to my post. I’m not the only user seeing this, and it is not bandwidth related, so your reply missed the point. The firmware update seems to not work properly sometimes, and requires some intervention to get it to work. Dolby Atmos works extremely well, it’s probably a software bug in their implementation.

I have both the firmware update, the app update and adequate bandwidth. For the same source, I see the Lossless badge when I play music on my Sonos Move but never see the badge on my Sonos Amps. (?.) Anyone having success with Apple Lossless on their Amp or Port?

I have both the firmware update, the app update and adequate bandwidth. For the same source, I see the Lossless badge when I play music on my Sonos Move but never see the badge on my Sonos Amps. (?.) Anyone having success with Apple Lossless on their Amp or Port?

Works on my amp and port. Over on Reddit a sonos rep said lossless is supported on some but not all speakers, the only one he would say that doesn’t support it is playbase. TBH I’ve found it a bit buggy, I get skips almost every other song. Wired Port and Amp. Waiting it out as the app is still in beta and buggy AF.

T

Works on my amp and port. Over on Reddit a sonos rep said lossless is supported on some but not all speakers, the only one he would say that doesn’t support it is playbase. TBH I’ve found it a bit buggy, I get skips almost every other song. Wired Port and Amp. Waiting it out as the app is still in beta and buggy AF.

Same issue for me. Two wired Amps. I can barely get any Apple Music songs to play at all. Definitely not a bandwidth issue as I get AM lossless on my phone and other wireless devices around the house and way into my yard. Other music services work though AM is my only ad-free service so I really need it to work. Grrrrrrrr.

EDIT: well I guess ITA because it turns out that somehow my two Amps had reverted to Wifi even though they’re plugged into ethernet. I (re)enabled Ethernet in the app and poof Apple Music now works again. I *did* check the signal strength of the wifi in the app and it read as Strong. But apparently not Strong enough lol.

I have the same things today. I saw the lossless badge on a song on my Sonos port. I was happy, but I didn’t see the badge on all song. I don’t know why.

Hello. Thank you for supporting Apple music without losing quality. But my question is why, when playing the Songs library, the tracks are played only one at a time, it doesn’t want to be in a row? Each song must be played separately - there is no queue.