Skip to main content

Please, PLEASE sort the album search results by release date in Apple Music, like every other service, and like any sane feature would work. The current unorganized list of albums displayed for any particular artist is borderline unusable. You know this.

I know this question has been asked before, but it’s been over SIX YEARS. I know it’s supposedly an Apple problem, but I just don’t buy it. Unless your engineering team is married to some REALLY obtuse implementation, this should be about 4 lines of code. If it’s NOT easy, please ask yourselves how sorting a list of results, a question you’d ask of any engineering intern in an interview, turned into an insurmountable issue that customers have had to beg for over a six year period.

And if it’s really an Apple issue, tell us why, specifically, so we can go yell at them about it.

But c’mon... Sort the stupid list already.

Seconded. 

You need to ask Apple. All search results are determined by their server. Sonos don’t even know the release date of anything, so even if they wanted to sort the results (which they do not) they couldn’t.

What about sorting the result list in ANY way. Right now it is just random.

Do we have to ask Apple to provide the Sonos developers with a sorting algorithm?

Do we have to ask Apple to provide the Sonos developers with a sorting algorithm?

I’d perhaps just ask Apple to update their music service plugin for Sonos. Here’s a link you can use:

https://www.apple.com/contact/feedback/

I’d perhaps just ask Apple to update their music service plugin for Sonos. Here’s a link you can use:

https://www.apple.com/contact/feedback/

Sorry, Apple does not care. Sonos is still able to provide a sort option in their user interface.

Sorry, Apple does not care. Sonos is still able to provide a sort option in their user interface.

Not according to @controlav’s post above - this is down to Apple, but I have opted to move away from Apple Music now anyway. I have switched subscription to Amazon Music and Deezer for the time being. 

Each MSP seem to provide v/good customer care and provide a decent reliable service through the Sonos interface. I create playlists in the order I want tracks to play anyway, or I may shuffle or move them around in the playing queue.

Since other services do this right, Sonos is probably ready for this. The ball would than definitely be in Apple’s court…..

Since other services do this right, Sonos is probably ready for this. The ball would than definitely be in Apple’s court…..

Apple has no interest in providing a better experience within the Sonos UI. They have their own speakers and Sonos speakers can be used with Air Play 2.

The question is, why does Sonos not care?