Any way to change default zone

• 6 July 2014
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Using iPhone app. Version 5.0.

I find that the app often changes the zone I'm controlling, usually after I've left the app and come back to it.

For example, if I'm controlling the kitchen, the next time I go to use the app, I'll have to switch from my daughters room even though I have not switched there first.

If the app can't always remember the last zone controlled, how about letting me choose the default zone?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The controller does retain the current room.

However if you've grouped and ungrouped rooms -- say by adding your daughter's room and then dropping the kitchen -- then the controller could well behave as you've described.

There's no way to explicitly direct the controller onto a particular room when the app starts.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
There's no way to explicitly direct the controller onto a particular room when the app starts.

Which is a pity .... as it could be used to improve the Sonos Widget that I use

But I often see the same as Kermit88 ... and I am not in the habit of frequently changing the grouping of rooms.
I am using older android phones, each as dedicated remote device for a certain room (sonos widget and sonos app). It worked well until about a month ago, that means, the zone on the phone was set once and was not changed. Now it is different, the for some reason the zone on these phones changes automatically and I have to manually change the zone "back" to the original. I have observed, that one zone with a playlist will be chosen automatically, instead of the original zone where is no playlist.
I wish sonos would provide a way to set the default zone for each device as older phones are very usefull as dedicated remotes.
Could anyone tell me the version of the android sonos app, where there was no automatic change of the zone? And a link to downoload please? Thx.