Skip to main content
When you wake up by using an alarm with a playlist, the system changes the repeat list to “repeat” . This happens irrelevant of the list or alarm duration.

My daugther wakes up with a playlist and goes to bed with a story. Every nigth we need to remember to go 1) remember this silly feature 2) go in the room menu, hit the show playlist button, press the repeat button 3 times. Failing to this results in the story repeating itself for the entire night...

Am I missing something or this is really how it is supposed to works?

Roch
Hey there, Vlav. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I am happy to forward your feedback along to the team for consideration and visibility. As someone who uses alarms and playlists, I can certainly see where the frustration can come from.

On a more personal note: I have an alarm that plays a Spotify playlist I perfectly timed for when I need to leave the house. Luckily, in Alarm Duration, you should be able to control the length of the alarm playback in 5-minute increments. Now, I only get the first couple minutes of the first track when it's time to go.
I have the same problem. I have a playlist to wake my son up in the morning and another one to put him to sleep at night. The second one I have an alarm 'loading' the playlist ahead of time so that when we are ready to turn off the light we just press the play button on the speaker. This worked well for months until Sonos added repeat to alarms. Now we also have to go to the app and deactivate the repeat manually. Something the babysitter does not have access to.

Honestly, this is really annoying because I have to do this every week days; so five times a week I have a negative though to Sonos' programers. Just unfortunate. I hope a correction can be made.
I am having the same problem...even with the update to 8.4. Always have to remember to turn the repeat off on my daughter’s speaker...
I am having the same problem...even with the update to 8.4. Always have to remember to turn the repeat off on my daughter’s speaker...
I have the same issue and was told there is no fix for it other than setting a duration which still isnt good enough as the durations go up in 5min increments! Surely it shouldnt take this long to fix an issue!
Any update on this? It looks simple fix to add minutes if not seconds to the alarm. I have a playlist with one songs which is of 22min 30 seconds to be exact and i can only set it to 20 or 25min