Skip to main content
Question

Amazon Music Issues

Is anyone else having issues with Amazon Music?

All seemed to be working OK until a few days ago, but now it takes forever to connect (loads of something gone wrong errors) and when it finally decides to play a song (they are all in the queue) it plays one or two and gives up.

Sometimes browsing works, sometimes it doesn’t. It’s really frustrating.

21 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Yes. Exactly the same symptoms. Last couple of days. 

Use Amazon Unlimited as preferred source now due to issues with local library issues that will not be resolved until July.

Sometimes the sevice just shows as unavailable (!), sometimes the recently played just fails, and even saving the odd artist to Sonos Favs also just blanks out on loading. 

A week ago a 'try again' always worked so  assumed it was lag due to app being now cloud based, now it's clearly a more fundamental problem. 

I use android and iOs and have experienced the same behaviour on both OS. 

I suspect this hasn't been picked up as it's being lost/masked by the host of other issues that are in play at moment. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Yes. Same issues. Started Wednesday or Thursday and still occuring. I have an old queue on a Sonos One and it is still working fine even now. Songs play fine.

But if I select new music on my Port, the search 90 % time says no connection to Amazon Music. And if the search manages to get connected and I select an album, it plays a few songs and then displays along the lines of “song encoded in wrong format”, “connection to Amazon Music list” and just skips the songs and stops playing.

I’ve tried iPhone and iPad, same thing. My app is still 16.1 and older firmware so mine is not caused by the new app. 

So, did something happen on Sonos servers mid-week? Or something at Amazon end?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Tend to think it's not purely Amazon as I've used native app on android phone via bluetooth to Sonos Move and a Cambridge bluetooth speaker.

In vehicle,  Amazon via Carplay fine as well.

Tried usual things, re-authorising Amazon to Sonos app etc. 

Interestingly, free Spotify is fine. So I think it's Amazon-Sonos.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I’m having exactly the same issues

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Today (Sun 16th) it's given up the ghost. 'No content available' when I hit icon.

So:

No Sonos Playlists

No Streaming Service

No control over local library

🤔🎶

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I tried to report it on Sonos support chat but after an hour (on hold and the chat) I was told to call up so that phone support could try and fix it.

They acknowledged it’s a problem their end but phone support need to talk to me to test things apparently. 

After an hour chat there’s no way I’m wasting time on a phone call as well. I see why Sonos is getting complaints about their service.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Yes, I used the 0800 number just to see the wait time... 75 mins. Got my day to get on with. 

Still inconsistent on Amazon. Sometimes an album will play all way through, but on multi-room it usually fails after three of four tracks.

Did find a reddit post from a month back when they acknowledged it was a issue... they're overwhelmed and we're underwhelmed.

Halfway through the month and no update... 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Keith N - Can you investigate this? It’s playing up for me again this evening, just dropping out after playing a few tracks.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Android update 80.03.03.  See below... 

The first three may be of interest... On my phone still Amazon issues of yesterday, but now working 50/50, so still inconsistent. 

• Introduced mute button on Android.
  • Added numerical values to the volume and group-volume sliders.
  • Updated the volume icon to reflect the volume level on iOS.
  • Added stereo or mono configuration for Amp/Port output on iOS.
  • Improved TalkBack screen reader support for volume sliders on Android.
  • Added support for SonosNet channel selection on iOS.
  • Expanded support for service reauthorization on Android.

I am having the same issue… 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Just reset the app and it’s working well playing music and the search is good, no issues. Only issue is that I cannot pin amazon music to the Home Screen, but given all of the issues, at least it’s working for me now!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I got an update for Amazon around end of last week and since then Amazon stable once you play an album or create a queue via Sonos app. 

Playlists created in Amazon native app OK an accessible instantly via Sonos app Your Services. 

However, still no stability of Recently Played/Sonos Favorites on menu screen. 

Some are posting issues with Amazon Playlists of 100 + songs/tracks... not an issue for me personally... but be aware. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @terryh et al

Thanks for your post!

I’m sorry to hear of this issue you all are having with Amazon Music playback on your Sonos systems. I’d like to look into this for you all, but will need your help.

Please follow these steps if you are still experiencing this issue:

1. Recreate the issue in whichever way you can.
  2. Immediately submit a support diagnostic afterwards.
  3. In your own time, come back here and post the following:
    • Verify that you have submitted a diagnostic (please do not share the given number)
    • What exactly it was that you were trying to search/play
    • Your location (country is detail enough)
    • The current OS, Make and Model of your device (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S23 Android 12)
    • The version number displayed in the Amazon app (if you have it installed)
    • If clearing the cache for the Amazon app helps matters at all (please try the steps on this page, especially the highlighted part)

I look forward to hearing back from you all.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi, 

Posted last about 2 months ago. Amazon is still fairly stable. Can search, queue and play. 

However, placeholders still blank after 5 seconds on Sonos Fav and Recently Played. If tap on grey arrow to expand to full list they go immediately. This has been the same since 7th May. 

HAUWEI POT LX1 android 12

Running 80.06.04

Cleared cache on Amazon app.

Submitted a diagnostic. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @B33Jay 

Hi, 

Posted last about 2 months ago. Amazon is still fairly stable. Can search, queue and play. 

Yeah, I’ve been unable to test myself (I have Prime, so cannot specify tracks to play, and the test accounts have not been working recently) and tried to get some traction on this issue a while back, but was unable.

I’m glad to hear it’s largely stable for you now.

However, placeholders still blank after 5 seconds on Sonos Fav and Recently Played. If tap on grey arrow to expand to full list they go immediately. This has been the same since 7th May.

Understood - that is a separate issue that we are investigating.

Thanks anyway.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Cheers for the feedback.

Brian

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Update android 80.07.05 (landed in UK 28/07)

Significant improvement to library operation - sees NAS immediately and can now move from initial Music folder to susequent folder levels without hindrance.

Placeholders now remain. Can find Sonos Playlists under Recents which is huge difference (no album art yet).

Notice that if Sonos Playlist is comprised of streaming albums, art does show on Placeholder.

Clearing queues works well (ust editing to do in subsequent updates)

Definitely, more responsive on my relatively modest system. A welcome improvement. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Update android 80.07.05 (landed in UK 28/07)

Significant improvement to library operation - sees NAS immediately and can now move from initial Music folder to susequent folder levels without hindrance.

Placeholders now remain. Can find Sonos Playlists under Recents which is huge difference (no album art yet).

Notice that if Sonos Playlist is comprised of streaming albums, art does show on Placeholder.*

Clearing queues works well (ust editing to do in subsequent updates)

Definitely, more responsive on my relatively modest system. A welcome improvement. 

*Should have said 'doesn't show on placeholder'

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @B33Jay 

Thanks - and, I’m glad to hear it!

Album art going missing in general is something we’re looking into, but as it does not affect playback, I think it’s been assigned a relatively low priority. It will be fixed in time, however.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Quite. Lots of other things to tune up. Was quite surprised to see my Sonos Playlist generating after a few secs in Sonos Favs as I thought that would a way off.

Guess full edit of lists will be in Sept/Oct? Glad to be able to delete queues! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @B33Jay 

There aren’t any dates (as far as I know), but you may find this page interesting: https://trello.com/b/4T9rbg8t/sonos-app-improvement-bug-tracker