Answered

Amazon Music has lost connection

• 16 November 2022
  • 8 replies

A connection to Amazon Music is lost.

There is no problem with my Wifi and the app and speakers are up to date. All other services seem to work fine and also Amazon Music app plays and on the web, but not on my Sonos Move or Play1.

icon

Best answer by Smilja 16 November 2022, 18:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

ARe you using the Amazon music in the Sonos app or is this playing Amazon music via Alexa.

Also what country are you located?

Using Amazon Music on the Sonos App

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I guess first thing I would check is go into Alexa app … go to devices and chose the Arc.

Assume  speaker syas Built-In

Device location and Time zone correct

Aslo under the bottom right more option Music and Podscasts.   Shows family servie Amazon Music and Amazon Music is under the first line and set for playing music too.,

I dont have Alexa app. This is only on the Sonos app

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

So are you trying to play Amazon music via the Sonos App?

Then I would probably check address in your sonos account.   What country are you?  Have you moved countries?

@cjeffaree, Is it Prime Music you are trying to play music from? As of Nov. 1 Prime Music is basically a customised radio station. It’s no longer possible to play an album in correct order, trying it results in “connection lost”.

Examine the new Amazon Music app. Here’s an official announcement.

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/feed/0D56Q0000AIXzAoSQL

Yes its Prime Music im trying to play from. @Smilja this seems to be the answer, many thanks. Very very sneaky of Amazon. I never saw any notice of this change at all.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Yeah Amazon and Sonos have NEVER played well together - often times Amazon would reset the links to playlists and favorite stations in your Sonos Favorites.  Now Amazon is playing fast and silly with its subscribers with this NEW and WORSE new service that actually removes features.  I blame AMZ and not Sonos for this recent mess.