Answered

All Artist Tracks on Amazon Music

• 13 February 2023
  • 14 replies

Has anyone noticed that when you choose 'All Artist Tracks' from Amazon Music it only shows the first Album in the library, rather than all of them?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 14 February 2023, 13:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @richeyre 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I have Amazon Music, but I don’t see “All Artist Tracks” anywhere - please relate the steps taken to get to that option and I’ll see if I can reproduce the behaviour. Thanks.

You need to have several tracks from the same artist spread over more than one album in your Amazon music library.

Then go Amazon Music >My Music>Artist

Then choose an artist with several tracks spread over more than one album.

You will see files of all the albums containing your tracks and a file named “All Artist Tracks”. This file only duplicates the first album on the list and does not contain “All Artist Tracks”. This means its impossible to play all your favourite tracks from a single artist - which i like to do sometimes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @richeyre 

Ah. I have never really used Amazon Music apart from the occasional Alexa request - I don’t even have the app installed! In addition, I am on the Prime tier, which, as of November 2022, no longer allows selection of particular tracks.

Are you on Amazon’s Unlimited tier? If not, this will be expected behaviour. 

I am an unlimited customer - I have all my music in Amazon. You can play all tracks in your library from one artist on the Amazon App but not in the Sonos App. 

Userlevel 7

Has anyone noticed that when you choose 'All Artist Tracks' from Amazon Music it only shows the first Album in the library, rather than all of them?

I never use that option, but yes I agree that only the first Album appears under All Artist Tracks.

As this is under the Amazon Music section of the Sonos app, the error lies with how Amazon Music have integrated their service into Sonos.

Personally, if I was looking to play a certain artist, I would search for the artist on the Sonos app, select them under the Amazon Music search, then select Top Songs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @richeyre 

Thanks - I was able to get a colleague with an Unlimited account to reproduce the issue.

Thanks also to @Mr. T for the confirmation.

We’ll look into the matter. Thanks for flagging!

Mr T...What Amazon considers to be the top songs are not always what i would choose. I did this with Jerry Lee Lewis and got 5 different versions of Great Balls of Fire in the first 6 songs. 

Userlevel 7

Mr T...What Amazon considers to be the top songs are not always what i would choose. I did this with Jerry Lee Lewis and got 5 different versions of Great Balls of Fire in the first 6 songs. 

Yes, that’s clearly an issue with Amazon’s Top Songs algorithm for Jerry.

I guess some like to hear the different versions of the same song, but the same version can often be a nuisance. It’s easy enough though to edit the playing queue and perhaps save it as a playlist instead for future use. 

Userlevel 7

I guess some like to hear the different versions of the same song, but the same version can often be a nuisance. It’s easy enough though to edit the playing queue and perhaps save it as a playlist instead for future use. 

The algorithm is probably favoured towards tracks that are most played and as Great Balls of Fire appears on many compilations it appears multiple times under Top Songs. Can’t say I’ve noticed that to the same extent with other artists/songs.

Could be worse. You could play Jerry’s songs from the Amazon Music app under Songs… You’d definitely know all the words to Great Balls of Fire after that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’ve complained about this to Amazon several times over the years, so far they don’t seem to care.

As this is under the Amazon Music section of the Sonos app, the error lies with how Amazon Music have integrated their service into Sonos.

I am not sure that it is necessarily an error by the music service 《Amazon in this case). Or indeed an error by anyone. It surely has to be the case that the Sonos API cannot be so flexible and heterogeneous  as to be able to reproduce every feature and every quirk of every music service?

Userlevel 7

I am not sure that it is necessarily an error by the music service 《Amazon in this case). Or indeed an error by anyone. It surely has to be the case that the Sonos API cannot be so flexible and heterogeneous  as to be able to reproduce every feature and every quirk of every music service?

I think it’s quite clearly an error by Amazon. They have provided a feature in Sonos to view “All Artist Tracks” which only displays the tracks of the first album/single in the library.

Looking at the Amazon Music app, to display all the Library artist tracks you need to go to Library > Artist Name > Library > See More

“All Artist Tracks” in Sonos seems to display similar to the tracks prior to the “See More” in the Amazon Music app, so it’s been mapped to the wrong area in the API.