Skip to main content

Is anyone else unable to play BBC radio via Alexa assistant on their Sonos speakers? It keeps asking me to link my BBC sounds account and I've tried disabling and enabling it again and again and no improvement. 

Have you added the BBC Sounds service to Sonos AND the Sonos skill for Alexa to Alexa  AND the BBC Sounds skill for Alexa to Alexa ?

EDIT: The fact that you talk about ‘enabling and disabling’ the BBC Sounds account makes me wonder if you are mistnterpreting an instruction to do something in the Sonos app, and have instead been enabling and disabling skills in the Alexa app.

So, in the Sonos app, have you linked your BBC Sounds account to your Sonos system?

Without seeing the exact message and where it originates there is a bit of guesswork on my part here.

Hi John - ive logged in to BBC sounds within the Sonos app and have also enabled the Alexa Sonos skill. The issue seems to be that the Alexa skill is not being recognised. I have disabled/re-enabled all of the above and tried removing and re-adding the Alexa assistant but no joy. Each time I then request a BBC radio station the Alexa voice prompts me to enable the Alexa skill (aaaahhh!!) This is on my Sonos one. 

Weirdly on my beam it works fine! I'm not gunna touch that one and hope it continues to work!

Looks like I'm not the only user affected https://www.amazon.co.uk/BBC-MEDIA-APPLICATIONS-TECHNOLOGIES-LIMITED/dp/B077P7TNF2?ref=d6k_applink_bb_dls&dplnkId=890346ad-9fd7-4adb-bbc1-732027f2f41f