Alarm, what a waste of a great feature!

• 28 May 2014
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I currently have 3 Play 5's in the house (Master Bedroom, Kitchen, & Garage). They work great and I'm finally home to enjoy them since I work out of town 9-10 months out of the year. The new user interface is much better than the old but I still need to get used to it.

Anyways...on to the issue. the ALARM.

In the Master Bedroom I have the alarm set to wake up and a certain time every day of the week to the Sonos chime. The Sonos Chime is nice and I like the way it gradually gets louder. However my big complaint is that:

1) You can't turn it off from you iPad, iPhone, etc? At least no where I've seen.

2) Where is the Snooze button? Nothing pops up on the screen of your iPhone/iPad to let you know to snooze or turn it off. I don't understand why this isn't part of the ALARM feature.

3) You have to get up to turn it off at the Play 5 by hitting the MUTE button, which does turn it off but if you hit the MUTE button again...music starts to play. At this time it appears to get out of sync with the rest of the zones and acts on its own. Meaning I usually play the same music thru each zone and volumes are usually the same or similar but after hitting MUTE (twice) it separates the grouping of that zone. So I have to go back in to the grouping section and group them again.

4) I don't see a way to set an alarm to play thru the Line In of the Sonos. Not a big deal but it would be nice...very nice!

That's all...PLEASE FIX SOON!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

I'm going to piggyback on your comment because I really think there is another big alarm issue:

Why can't I set alarms for different sets of rooms so that they connect and reconnect as required? For instance, I would like my bedroom and bathroom to play music in the morning then have news on in the kitchen and when I come home for day have music throughout the house. Unfortunately, the only advanced option for alarm grouping is one speaker only or all speakers in the group the speaker is connected to. So if I have music playing in two rooms in the morning, my afternoon alarm is limited to those same two rooms or to the remaining rooms, but you can't have a whole house audio alarm. It seems like rather simple functionality to add.
I would also like to request more options on the alarm shut off time - as in a specific time just like the on time.

I have a business and have it set to come on 5 minutes before we open, but then I have to go in at the end of the day and shut it off.

I would like very much to be able to specify an off time or to have more options than up to 2 hours or unlimited.
I would also like to request more options on the alarm shut off time - as in a specific time just like the on time.

I have a business and have it set to come on 5 minutes before we open, but then I have to go in at the end of the day and shut it off.

I would like very much to be able to specify an off time or to have more options than up to 2 hours or unlimited.

At the desired OFF time, set a second alarm to play for 15 minutes at zero volume.
At the desired OFF time, set a second alarm to play for 15 minutes at zero volume.

Thanks, I'll try this workaround.
Good workaround for custom alarm periods, but why in the world wouldn't Sonos just integrate this functionality. I really don't understand why Sonos is so hesitant to make the alarm function something people will want to use.
Userlevel 2
Geesh! What is an alarm without a SNOOZE button? Virtually useless, that is!
Userlevel 2
Badge +8
I hang on to my CR200 because of the snooze function. Couldn't live without it.

/kos
Userlevel 2
i'd like to set my group for every alarm - and not to use the last group, which was configured i.e. last evening.

i think that wouldn't be so difficult?
Badge +1
I currently have 3 Play 5's in the house (Master Bedroom, Kitchen, & Garage). They work great and I'm finally home to enjoy them since I work out of town 9-10 months out of the year. The new user interface is much better than the old but I still need to get used to it.

Anyways...on to the issue. the ALARM.

In the Master Bedroom I have the alarm set to wake up and a certain time every day of the week to the Sonos chime. The Sonos Chime is nice and I like the way it gradually gets louder. However my big complaint is that:

1) You can't turn it off from you iPad, iPhone, etc? At least no where I've seen.

2) Where is the Snooze button? Nothing pops up on the screen of your iPhone/iPad to let you know to snooze or turn it off. I don't understand why this isn't part of the ALARM feature.

3) You have to get up to turn it off at the Play 5 by hitting the MUTE button, which does turn it off but if you hit the MUTE button again...music starts to play. At this time it appears to get out of sync with the rest of the zones and acts on its own. Meaning I usually play the same music thru each zone and volumes are usually the same or similar but after hitting MUTE (twice) it separates the grouping of that zone. So I have to go back in to the grouping section and group them again.

4) I don't see a way to set an alarm to play thru the Line In of the Sonos. Not a big deal but it would be nice...very nice!

That's all...PLEASE FIX SOON!

The snoozing will be fixed by installing my app:

You can find it here: https://appsto.re/be/Xul7db.i
Screenshots can be found on the website: http://www.quicksonos.be/snooze/

Let me know what you think of it